Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Formula...UGH! ADVICE PLEASE

So I was breastfeeding.. my DD is 7 weeks old and I have to go back to work and travel for my job, so breastfeeding just isn't going to be feasible.  HOWEVER... I have put her on Enfamil Gentlease and it seems like she is having a hard time digesting it.  She went from 5 to 7 poopy diapers a day to 1 or 2, but she seems like she is always trying to go to the bathroom and is much fussier.  When she does go it is still very loose so I know she isn't constipated...  I feel terrible I don't know what to do?!  Also if I give her breastmilk she will down 4 ounces...formula maybe 2 ounces..

I would love some advice!!

Re: Formula...UGH! ADVICE PLEASE

• For some reason, i thought FF babies poop less than BF babies. My DD has 1-2 dirty diapers a day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • FF babies have less BM's during the day, it's common. Try some Mylicon and see if that changes anything. It takes about a week for their little digestive systems to adjust. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • FWIW, my baby is EBF and she only has a BM every couple of days.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Formula babies don't poop near as much.  My baby is formula fed and he poops about every 3 days sometimes 2.  It is nice and soft kind of like peanut butter so hes not constipated but always acts like he is trying to poop as well.  After about 3 weeks straight on formula he doesn't act like he needs to poop all of the time anymore.  It just takes some getting used for there systems.  My baby had a hard time on Enfamil Gentlease as well I tried it all and he is on Gerber good start protect plus and is doing great, but took about 2 weeks to get used to it.  You do have to give whatever formula you try at least 2 weeks to let the old stuff clear out and then let the new stuff have a chance. 
    10 MONTHS APART AND LOVIN IT! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageimage
  • Maybe you can switch formulas? Good Start is really good. It hasn't given Lily any problems yet. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"