3rd Trimester
Options

Does this sound more like a boy or girl name?

We're naming our LO Jayden. Almost every time we tell people our choice for his name they assume we're having a girl. To me Jayden doesn't sound like a girls name at all, not something I would name a little girl atleast. What is your first thought when you hear the name Jayden? I'm just looking for everyone's opinion, we're not changing our mind on his name.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Does this sound more like a boy or girl name?

• Options
    Jayden strikes me as a girls name, but hey, I'm Shaun and I'm a girl so go for it!
  • Options
    I think of a boy when I hear "Jayden," but I also know a male "Jayden," so I'm sure that has a lot to do with it.  I love the name BTW! Yes
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know 2 boys named jayden no girls.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

both/either

my friend has a son named Jayden so I guess I think boy initially, but it could go either way IMO.

• Options
    Jayden sounds like a boy name to me.
    Ryan 5/2010, Kyle 1/2007, Eric 3/2005
  • Options
    Sounds like a boys name to me!
  • Options
    I think Jayden is a boy's name.  A friend of mine named her son this and it''s so cute!
  • Options

imageLolabug86:
    I think of a boy when I hear "Jayden," but I also know a male "Jayden," so I'm sure that has a lot to do with it.  I love the name BTW! Yes

Thanks! Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I know a little boy named Jayden. Definitely sounds like a boy name to me.
  • Options

imageLolabug86:

Same here!

Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers TTC #2 ~ Cycle 7
  • Options
    I totaly think boy. That was what came to mind before i finished reading your post and knew you were having a boy.
  • Options
    I think boy, but I also have a nephew named Jayden. I think it got very popular for girls within the last few years.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think boy ~ I work at a middle school and have a sweet little boy named Jayden in 6th grade.  Good name!
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Sounds like a boys name to me...
  • Options
    It could go either way for me.  I think it *might* be becoming one of the 'girl take-over' names like Addison/Madison, or Ashley/Leslie before that.

• Options
    I think boy.  But it's one of those names that has transitioned to mostly girl I think.  It's like Riley.  I think of that as a boy name but the girls have stolen that too.
  • Options
    Initially I think boy!  I think it's one of those that could swing both ways...  But I like it for a boy better :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Options
    I think boy. Maybe because it is my nephews name.
  • Options
    The spelling with a Y, would indicate to me that it's a girl. I actually  have 2 friends (they don't know eachother) who have had girls in hte past year name their babies that with the same spelling. If it were a boy I'd go without the Y, just personally though
    Visit my <a href"http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThisIsTheStuffs">Etsy</a> shop!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

"Karma1969: If baking someone a birthday pie/cake is romantic, I must be a slut."
  • Options
    Definitely girl.
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
  • Options
    Jayden sounds like a boys name to me. my DS middle name is Jayden.
  • Options
    To me its a boys name.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I say it's completely a boys name- I'm a teacher and have taught a TON of Jaydens and they have all been boys:) 
  • Options

I don't like it AT ALL for a girl's name -- I guess I don't get it. 

But I have a nephew named Jaydon so maybe I'm biased  =)

• Options
    I think boy, I have never heard of it as a girl name.
  • Options
  • Options
    I know two Jaydens and both are guys! I think It's a great name!
  • Options
    its a very popular little boys name right now.  I think people are just getting it confused with jaelynn which is a girls name.   But hey people ask me all the time why I am naming a little bou Ashley.....they don't listen, cause in my head there is a big gender difference between ASHER and ASHLEY. 
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • Options
    I think girl, but that's because I'm friends with a couple who have a little girl named Jaden. 
  • Options
    i was going to say boy.
  • Options
    I have a nephew named Jayden but I have had people tell me it sounds like a female ninja video game character.  lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    Boy definitely comes to mind for me. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I think of a girl when I hear the name, but so many names are interchangeable now. I don't think it really matters.
  • Options
    Sounds like a boy to me.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The only Jaiden I know is a girl. Obviously spelled different.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think a few years ago before the "xxxden" names became so popular for boys I would have definitely said girl. But now that they are so popular for boys I actually only think of a boy with that name.
  • Options
    Jayden strikes me as a boys name although I think it could go either way.  We're team blue also and I had the same issues with our first choice for a name, which was Jordan.  Everyone kept saying "isn't that a girls name" and I started getting annoyed so we picked another name, lol!
  • Options
    I automatically think boy when I hear Jayden - makes me think of Britney Spears  ;)
  • Options
    I have heard the name used for both sexes, I however; like it better for a boy. Of course I am slightly biased, I have an eight month old nephew named Jayden. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"