2nd Trimester

How far into your pregnancy were you when

people started approaching you about having a baby shower?  I live in Florida and will definitely have a school shower and possibly a Sunday School shower.

All of my friends and family are in GA, and a couple of different people have mentioned/asked if I'm having one in GA and are willing to help if someone else offers, too.

I'm almost 16 weeks..Just wondering when people started approaching you and asking for dates, details, etc.

Thanks!!

Re: How far into your pregnancy were you when

• I would say anytime in the 2nd Tri is normal for people to approach.
  • I was about 15 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • I had two people ask as soon as I told them I was pregnant. Yes
  • My mom asked me about it when I was about 14 weeks I think.  I have a lot of friends and family that live in surrounding states so she wanted to give the ones who were most likely going to come a heads up. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We didn't tell anyone (aside from parents) until the second trimester. It was as soon as we told friends. It was around 15-16 wks. 
  • My mom and I have been talking about it since February, but that's only because she was getting stuff together for their vow renewal and it dawned on her that she is gonna have to do this all over again for the baby shower (guest lists, invites, etc.)
  • i was pretty late - maybe 25 to 30 weeks? - for our work showers (DH and mine).  I can't remember for my personal one.
  • People started asking about it when I was abt 18 weeks. It took them a few more weeks to convince me to go along with it. lol.  I was so uncomfortable about having a shower for a second baby. As far as I know plans are in the works for a diaper party. :)
  • I was 24w, but my pregnancies have been high risk, with early babies, so I think I was approached sooner than most. I think most showers are held between 30-32w, and you only need about a month or so to plan....I think.
    m/c feb 07 ~ m/c twins oct 08 ~ Duncan Thomas: born to heaven 5/19/09 - m/c jan 11

My Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Church ladies started askin about 2 weeks ago andare now planning.

Out of town shower asked the day I told her I was expecting and my shower is May 15.

Shower where I currently live - 3 people said they'd help, going to pass the other ladies' numbers along this weekend.

DH's HUGE family - his aunt mentioned a family shower but no real word yet.

• I'm in a similar situation.... all of my family and friends are in Missouri.  What I did, was I went ahead and planned a trip to Missouri over Easter and let my family know.   Sure enough, a couple weeks later, my sister said she wanted to throw me a shower while I was in town.    If she hadn't thrown me a shower, I honestly would've been fine with it... I'm blessed with or without a shower....  but I was secretly hoping. :p

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyName Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • 25 weeks. In all honesty I had no idea that someone would plan my baby shower so I was over joyed when someone offered.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"