Babies: 0 - 3 Months

When did you start back on birth control?

Re: When did you start back on birth control?

• 6wPP - awaiting my IUD so I'm on the mini-pill now
  • 2 weeks post C/S, on NuvaRing
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm starting the mini pill 2 weeks pp.
  • I got my implanon put in 6 weeks 3 days after I gave birth.  Still haven't had sex though, lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Getting the Mirena IUD put in at my 6 week pp appt.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got a Mirena IUD at my 6 w pp check.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I didn't, we are just using condoms now. I didn't want to go back on BC because I didn't like how I felt when I was on it and being off of it has been so nice =)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    <3 Watching the snow <3 <br> Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for"
  • mini pill prescribed at my 4 wk pp appt.  Didn't start actually taking it until about a week later.
  • Mirena IUD is scheduled to be put in in 2 weeks (6 weeks pp)
  • I haven't decided what to do about bc yet. I got pg while on the pill anyway, which I'm sure was just a fluke, but who knows. I really don't think that I want to take any bc right now because it can interfere with BFing and I don't want to stop BFing until DD and I are ready. It is generally as safe to use BFing as bc as it is to use the pill or anything like that. BFing can often keep AF away which means you're not ovulating. I've heard this is just as effective as the pill in the first 6 months or longer, provided you don't get AF sooner than that. This is, of course, if you are exclusively BFing (the more you nurse, the greater the chances of keeping AF from visiting). If we do happen to still get pg, I wouldn't be too disappointed :) We are thrilled with our DD and love her to bits and want more kids anyway. Besides, I miss being pg :)
  • Went back on the pill at 8 weeks pp (after my 6 wk appt).
  • At 7 weeks started the mini pill.  After my pp checkup.
    imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • At 7 weeks pp
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Got the Mirena at 6 weeks pp.
  • 6 wks pp I got the bc shot
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"