3rd Trimester

I feel bad ~ is this wrong?

I registered at both Target and Amazon.com. After my first shower I realized that NO ONE even looked at the Amazon registry - they all shopped in-store at Target, and there was hardly anything left. So I went back to Target and added a bunch of in-store items that I kind of wanted, but not really (baby toys and such). At my second shower I got some of these trinkets and I feel like since I registered for it, I should keep it.

I really want to return some of that stuff and use it towards a breast pump and car seat base, but I feel guilty since technically these are things I requested.

WWYD?

imageimage

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: I feel bad ~ is this wrong?

• IMO, get what you need.

• Get what you need.  After my first shower, I realized I registered for too many baby blankets.  We will return some and get more of what we really need (Bottles, etc.)
  • Loading the player...
  • Don't feel bad...go take back the things you don't want or need and get the things you do!
  • I returned stuff I registered for.  especially because once you see how much stuff you have, it's too much.  It's easy to register for 30 teethers in the store because they're all so cute, but honestly it's a waste.  My mom said the same thing.  I had so many repeats and stuff that I would never use it all and it seemed more of an insult to keep it and let it sit unused than to exchange it for something I would actually use.
  • Take it back!  You need a carseat and that kind of thing, so take back what you don't need (and realistically will not use) to get that stuff.
  • Ultimately it is about what you need in the first few months.  People like to buy "fun" things anyway so even if you hadn't registered for them, you may have received something similar.
  • I don't think it's wrong, you've got to get what you've got to get.  For toys in particular it's possible the person may ask you down the line if the baby likes the toy they got, which may be awkward, but that's about it.

• Return the items and get what you need.  I plan on doing it with items that I receive that I really don't need.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"