Parenting after a Loss
Options

sex after c/s?

So I have my pp check-up tomorrow. I am assuming I will get "cleared for duty". Any words of advice/wisdom/warning about sex after c/s? I was surprised when I heard it might hurt. I was never in labor, my c/s was due to DD being breech. I was never dilated and was only 60% effaced at any point, even the day of my c/s. So, tell me what should I expect?
Oct 2008 m/c #1 5 weeks, May 2009 m/c #2 4w5d. BFP 6/23/09 EDD 3/8/10!
You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt
After 1 year of TTC#2 BFP May 2011 m/c #3 4w2d. Off to RE.

Round 1: Femara + Ovidrel +TI = BFP! EDD 2/20/12
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
2IF does not always equal 3IF...Surprise!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: sex after c/s?

• Options
    I had a lot of pain but most of it was due to dryness b/c of bf.
  • Options
    It did hurt, but again, it was due to dryness because I am BFing.  I just recommend going slow and using some lubrication.  The 2nd time was much easier.
    Our little angel went to heaven at 6w3d Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a c/s and it still hurt but it was due to dryness. My OB said it was from BF and to use lube.
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had a c/s for the same reason and sex did hurt. I think lube is a good idea bc I think it was due to being dry which I heard was hormone related.
  • Options

It wasn't too bad, we used a lot of lube.  I was surprised when I was told that it would hurt because I didn't labor at all and wasn't even dialating when I had my c/s. 

From miscarriages, a diagnosis of a bicornuate uterus, and fibroid removal surgery...It's been quite the journey but it was all well worth it. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Just like the others said, BFing causes dryness. Even with a lot of lube, it still hurts for me.
  • Options
    My OB said lots of lube and just go for penetration the 1st couple of times and by the 3rd time it will be much better.  She also said something about my pelvic floor, so I don't know if that has anything to with the pain.  Anyway she was right, after trying the 1st time I never thought we would have another child b/c it was worse than the 1st time having sex, the next time was a little better, and the 3rd time was finally enjoyable.
  • Options
    For me, it was completely fine, as if I hadn't had a c/s, and I was still BFing then too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageMrsGhappilyeverafter:
    Just like the others said, BFing causes dryness. Even with a lot of lube, it still hurts for me.

This, exactly!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"