3rd Trimester

Baby shower TY's...

Hi all.  I have a tad over 1 week left!  So psyched to meet the little one!   We had a shower thrown for us 2 weeks ago.  I just officially started my maternity leave today and want to get a start on the TY's.  How did you guys go about the notes inside?  Were they very personal?  Or a warm thank you for sharing our memory with us?  I feel like I have writers block...

Re: Baby shower TY's...

• I mentioned how it was great seeing them at the shower, thanked them for their specific gift, and mentioned how anxious we were to use it. (Or made a joke about DH using it, depending on what it was.)
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I try to personalize all my thank you notes as much as I can.....

Lets say I got a bouncer from my aunt...

Dear Aunt Sally,

It was so nice seeing you at my baby shower. I loved that you were able to celebrate this very special time in my life with me. I love the bouncer you brought for the baby. I am sure she will love it. You will have to come over and see her "bounce" in it.

Love,

Me

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I personalized all of my TY's. I had someone keep a list of who bought me what...and used the list to write the ty's. I thanked them for coming to the shower, celebrating with us, and individually for what they actually got. One person got us a gift card, and I wrote to her a thanks for the card + what we used it for (b/c it bought a lot of stuff we needed that we hadn't gotten.)
    Kinley Joy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • They were not very personal.  I have a hard time writing TY's and get writer's block, also.  I said something along the lines, TY for the _____ gift, I am so glad you were able to attend our shower and can't wait for you to meet this baby.  Some were a little more personal, ie. a friend told me she was expecting at my shower and I shared my joy about her upcoming arrival. 
  • After writing a million TYs for our wedding (last July) and writing some more for the baby showers that were thrown for me, I've created a template of sorts, hope it's helpful!

Dear (name),

Thank you so much for attending my baby shower. We love the (gift)! It is (adjective or what it will do- beautiful; going to be so useful). [Anything else you want to say about the gift or how it will be used] Thanks again for helping us prepare for the arrival of [baby name/ little one]

Love/Sincerely/Yours Truly,

(your names)

image Mommy to Anna Grace, born 4/25/2010 Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
  • i started by thanking them for attending.  then i wrote about how much we loved their gift (i was specific) and how we can't wait to use it, etc.  i just got the last of my TY cards out today.  it felt so good to cross that off the list!
    10 Months Old! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"