Multiples

Contractions?

Ok, sorry if this will seem like a newbie question/post, but I always assumed "contractions" would be tightening and uncomfortable. Anything I've ever had has always been either A. Tightening without pain (what I would call BHs) or B. Menstrual like cramps that are always felt below the belly button. I have had both of these on and off for the last couple of weeks, but nothing that I would ever consider "timeable."

This morning since about 4am, I have had these menstrual like cramps come and go (5-15min apart). One just woke me up now from my sleep. I got up, went to the BR, came back and sat down, and it's went away.

I guess my question is...are these cramps considered contractions? They aren't by any means regular, but I know I should be keeping an eye on them. I'm worried because my mom and grandma have both had histories of quick labors (ie from first contractions to baby in 6 hours or less, my mom was only in the hospital for 30 minutes before having my twin sisters). I almost kinda wish my water would just break and then there would be no question about anything! Thanks Ladies! 

Re: Contractions?

• If they are waking you up, I would definitely keep an eye on them.  Especially if they are 'timeable'.  BH's wouldn't wake you from sleep.
  • I have actually had bh contractions wake me many times from sleep. It sounds like you should definately be paying attention to theses though. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"