3rd Trimester

How much more water am I supposed to drink!? 34 week appt.

Had my 34 week appointment today and she said everything looks great (except for my iron so now I'm on iron supplements twice a day in addition to my prenatal) And now I start going once a week. Next week I get my last set of bloodwork and vag cultures before the LO comes. She also said according to my urine sample I'm not drinking enough water. Well how much more can I drink!? I'm seriously like drinking a gallon or more a day, almost to the point of it making me feel sick. How much water are you ladies drinking? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How much more water am I supposed to drink!? 34 week appt.

• I know I don't drink enough regardless of how hard I try. Yesterday I drank 3 bottles. Today I've had 3 and will probably drink another before bed. I'm just not someone who drinks a lot =/ 
  • That's crazy, I drink like 2-4 glasses of water a day because I am sick of water now after being preggers for so long, and they said so far I'm doing great. I'd just drink the 8 glasses a day and call it good? But I'm no doctor. Sorry!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I know im not drinking as much as I should but seriously there are only so many hours in the day!
  • Wow, I am drinking no where near a gallon of water each day.  Like 80oz and I pee often enough that way...I cant imagine drinking 128oz.

• I force myself to drink until my urine is clear. I focus more on what my urine looks like than how much I'm taking in because some days I have more "wet" foods than others, like soup and lots of fruits and veggies.
  • I know I don't drink enough, but I do like a little bit of juice with club soda.  I also like flavored carbonated water.  Eating fruit has water in it too.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Our Little Guy due 4/14/13 BabyFetus Ticker
  • My midwife said a general rule of thumb is to take your weight, divide it by two, and that's how many ounces you're supposed to have per day of WATER...not just any fluid. So that means that as you gain pregnancy weight, that your water intake should be going up as well. I try my hardest, but most days I fail at drinking that much.
  • I probably have about 6-8 glasses/day...so only like 48-64 ounces and I haven't had any comments, although I know I should bump it up a bit.
    DD1: Maya 05/10
    DD2: Lucia (Lucy) 07/13
  • I drink at least 120 ounces of water a day.
  • 3-4 liters :P  I pee all the time, now, it's super annoying.  But otherwise I get dehydrated and feel crappy.  It takes that much just to keep my pee light.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I guzzle enough to make my pee consistantly clear... its alot!
  • I drink about a gallon and a half a day-I've been loving water this pregnancy! I also live in Colorado though so i'm sure the elevation has to do with my increase in water intake as well...

View Full Size Image 
    View Full Size Image View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I drink a gallon of water a day/every day but I can't drink more then that! I feel so floaty and watery now! LOL. I barely even eat food b.c I'm full from liquids. If my OB has an issue w/ how much I can drink...HE can drink more, I'm sooo done w/ a gallon!
  • I drink between 70-100 oz a day. Or at least, I try. ;)
  • I was told to drink half my body weight in water. Dehydration is serious when your preggers. I try to drink a 16oz bottle of water each hour. Except for the hour or so before bed. My doctor said my pee should be clear and I should be using the bathroom every 1 to 2 hours. If not, I need to drink more. I don't think you could ever get enough water while pregnant. I've also been told hydration really helps during labor, so at 38+ weeks...bottoms up!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"