3rd Trimester
Options

RUM CAKE

This may be a stupid question but is it okay to eat rum cake while pregnant? I thought the alcohol would cook off it, but my friend said only if alcohol is set on fire will it burn off. I'm having a craving!!!!

Re: RUM CAKE

• Options
    Depends on how you make your rum cake.  I make one that has dark rum in the glaze that goes on after it is cooked, so there's nothing that would burn the alcohol off.  It's a pretty small amount of booze when you figure how much goes in and divide it per piece, though.

• Options
    I think it depends on how much is used in the recipe.  I made DH a tiramisu cheesecake for his birthday and it had kahlua in it, but only 1/4 cup for the whole recipe, which was a typical baked cheesecake...I went ahead and had a slice!  :o)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Damnit. I want rum cake.

and a Margarita...

• Options
    Me too!!!! It calls for a little in the cake mix and then like 1/4 a cup in the glaze with the water and sugar.
  • Options
    Now you have me craving some rum cake! I make a mean rum cake!
    Your little hands wrapped around my finger and its so quiet in the world tonight Your little eye lids flutter cause your dreamin so I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light To you everything's funny, you've got nothing to regret I'd give all I have hunny, if you could stay like that Oh darling dont you ever grow up, dont you ever grow up, just stay this little Oh darling dont you ever grow up dont you ever grow up, it could stay this simple I wont let nobody hurt you, wont let no one break your heart, no one will desert you Just try to never grow up imageimage Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I just had some this weekend; it was so yummy!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageBFab11:
    I just had some this weekend; it was so yummy!!

I am so jealous 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"