Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

How much is 1 formula scoop?

long story short:

In & out of the ER twice this weekend. Went to the Dr. this morning. I'm on a BUNCH of medications so I can't nurse. This is my first time giving dd formula and it says to use the enclosed scoop but there isn't one. And it doesn't say how much a scoop is.

I assume it's 1 tablespoon.

HELP!!!!!!

Re: How much is 1 formula scoop?

• Options

Nope! Don't assume it's a tablespoon.

One scoop = one scoop. AKA the scoop that comes with the formula. Don't use another measuring tool; only use the scoop that comes with it. 

ETA: There isnt an enclosed one?! Hmm... Dig more, sometimes it's deeper. Otherwise call the manufacturer and ask. All the scoops are different sizes so you can't assume it's a tablespoon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options

Are you sure the scoop isn't in the lid? Buried in the powder?

I think it's more than 1T but I could be wrong.

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dig around in formula.  The scoop is ALWAYS buried in the formula and you have to just find it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Are you sure it's not in there? Sometimes I have to dig around to find it buried under the formula. I have no idea how much a scoop is. Sorry!
  • Options

The fvcking scoop was at the BOTTOM of the can!! WTF Similac!

• Options

Not sure exactally how much it is, sorry. Have you tried digging for the scoop with a knife? I feel like when we open a new can the scoop is always at the very bottom.

ETA: Sorry about the ER trips. I hope you're feeling better!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC#2 October 2011. June 2012 diagnosed with mild PCOS and both tubes blocked.
    10/1/12 miracle BFP 11/12/12 missed m/c (9w2d), baby stopped growing at 7 weeks
    1/16/13 BFP, EDD 9/27/13, m/c 1/19/13
    imagephoto rainbowleavesbadge-1_zpsa9246b63.jpg
    2/12/13 BFP, EDD 10/25/13 Please stick little one
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    A stowaway on board! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    yeah...the scoop is definitely in there somewhere.  make sure to not pack the formula in the scoop.  i scoop the formula up and then take a butter knife and tap the scoop on the side so that the powder falls into any of the air pockets.  then i fill the scoop up and level it off with the knife.
  • Options
    image*blondie*:

I hate that crap. I always keep an extra scoop handy when switching cans. The first time I had to dig I lost a bunch of powder because it spilled over the side.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    image*blondie*:

Lol we just started DD on Similac 2 days ago so I was about to pull out the scoop and a measuring cup to let you know- glad you found it though!  I hope the FF goes well!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    good. you found it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"