Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

I accidentally locked one of our cats in the bathroom for two days.

It *wasn't* pretty.
I like privacy. A lot.

Re: I accidentally locked one of our cats in the bathroom for two days.

• OMG, is he/she ok? Did they have access to water?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Our cat would have definitely let us know that she was in there.  I can't begin to imagine the mess and probably the smell.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • Loading the player...
  • imageStellasmom:
    OMG, is he/she ok? Did they have access to water?

He's fine. Slightly traumatized, but fine.

He didn't have access to water.

I feel AWFUL.

I bought a bean bag to use for photography, and got it on Friday. I was in a rush to get the car packed (took the day off, DH was at work, DS at daycare) and get DH in time. I grabbed the bean bag out of the car and threw it in the bathroom. I checked to make sure none of the cats (we have three) had gotten in there and didn't see any of them.

The little b@astard must have been hiding. Ugh.

But, the good news is that he's fine. Unfortunately, the bean bag and the bathroom were not... 

I like privacy. A lot.
  • Not to make you feel like even more of a shittbag than I'm sure you already feel like,  but HOW was that even possible? Were you out of town? How did it go on for two whole days? Sorry I don't mean to sound mean but that just seems like awful long time to not know.
  • imagechristina-marie:
    Not to make you feel like even more of a shittbag than I'm sure you already feel like,  but HOW was that even possible? Were you out of town? How did it go on for two whole days? Sorry I don't mean to sound mean but that just seems like awful long time to not know.

Sorry, yes. We were OOT.

I took the day off on Friday to get everything packed and ready to go.

I was getting the car loaded so I could go get DH, then go get DS, and then we were going to leave.

I threw the bean bag in the bathroom and shut the door, because I knew that the cats would mess with it while we were gone.  

I like privacy. A lot.
  • imagecbwm:

imagechristina-marie:
    Not to make you feel like even more of a shittbag than I'm sure you already feel like,  but HOW was that even possible? Were you out of town? How did it go on for two whole days? Sorry I don't mean to sound mean but that just seems like awful long time to not know.

Sorry, yes. We were OOT.

I took the day off on Friday to get everything packed and ready to go.

I was getting the car loaded so I could go get DH, then go get DS, and then we were going to leave.

A-ha! Gotcha. Yeah that sucks. Snuggle that little furbaby for an extra special long time and crack open that can of tuna especially for him. Poor little furbaby! Seriously though, I'd not discount the fact that he could very well be dehydrated despite his not showing any "symptoms" so it might behoove you to leave some ice cubes in his water for the next few days. That was the advice that my vet gave us when my old furmutt was sick and a little on the dehydrated side. If you leave ice cubes, they melt slowly and gradually fill up the water bowl with cool, clear water making it more appealing.

I hope you're all better in no time. GAH sucks. I'm so sorry.

I threw the bean bag in the bathroom and shut the door, because I knew that the cats would mess with it while we were gone.  

• Oof! That sucks! Poor kittycat!

Our cat got locked in our neighbor's basement for almost 2 weeks once :( I had given up hope, we were heartbroken... The neighbors had their bulkhead open to pack for vaca, and kitty must have run in without them knowing.

When they got back, they asked if our cat was missing - there was cat poop everywhere, but she didn't come out so they thought she was dead :( The second I walked in and called her name she started mewmewmewmewmewing - still makes me tear up! Especially since I called and called for her every night and she probably was going nuts 100 feet away!

Rainbow baby due in September!
    .image
    May Siggy Challenge - Favorite Onscreen Mom
    image  image
  • imageKateysomething:

Oof! That sucks! Poor kittycat!

Our cat got locked in our neighbor's basement for almost 2 weeks once :( I had given up hope, we were heartbroken... The neighbors had their bulkhead open to pack for vaca, and kitty must have run in without them knowing.

When they got back, they asked if our cat was missing - there was cat poop everywhere, but she didn't come out so they thought she was dead :( The second I walked in and called her name she started mewmewmewmewmewing - still makes me tear up! Especially since I called and called for her every night and she probably was going nuts 100 feet away!

OMG!!

It's amazing that she lived for two weeks without any source for food or water.  

I like privacy. A lot.
  • I know :( They think she survived by licking condensation off of the pipes.

...several hundred dollars and an eye surgery later, she's going strong. Will be 14 next month!

(Actually couple thousand dollars and 2 eye surgeries later, but she's just been trouble her whole life :)

Rainbow baby due in September!
    .image
    May Siggy Challenge - Favorite Onscreen Mom
    image  image
  • Holy crap. What happened that she needed eye surgery??
    I like privacy. A lot.
  • Poor thing! When we went to Vegas, our cats locked themselves in the bathroom - probably for two days. They did have water (toliet), and they pooped in the tub and covered it with toliet paper (smart cats).

imageimage

TheseFourButton-1.png

• Glad he is going to be okay!  We locked one of our cats in a spare bedroom for 2 days once.  We have two and I walked in and one of them went nuts and kept going to the spare bedroom door.  I knew something was up when he didn't come running to us when we walked in the door. 

Unfortunately, he has had issues ever since then.  He never peed or pooped anywhere in the room but has since had 'accidents' in our closet, basement (with brand new carpet) and on our bed. I really feel like he isn't doing it on purpose though.

This morning I woke up and he couldn't walk.  I picked him up and he peed a little when I sat him back down and then pooped in my closet again.  He is going back to the vet at 10:30 today.  I tell myself it isn't because he was locked in the room for two days but honestly that is when his bladder/bowel problems started.

Uh, sorry I just interrupted your post to share my own venting/problems.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"