2nd Trimester

round ligament pain

Oww!  I'm 18 weeks and this just started 2 days ago.  I think this is what I have from what I've read online.  My doctor told me I was taking too much tylenol, so does anyone have any non-drug solutions!

Yoga?

Thanks!

Re: round ligament pain

• yoga is so awesome!!

hot baths with epsom salt & lavender essential oil........... ummm I'll be taking one of those lovely soaks myself tonight!!

I can't take tylenol.........it comes back up

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • lay down or gently message the area...
  • Loading the player...
  • Do you mean round ligament pain?  Never heard of round tendon pain...
  • Your right!  I did mean ligament!  :)
  • LOL.  I've found resting often is the best cure!  Stretching or rubbing the area sometimes help me, but generally, lying down and resting is best. 

• Just responded to your SD post for a recommendation on yoga place. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I wish there was more a solution than the bath and rest which both work wonderfully.

Mine gets so flared up at work because of the physical nature of my job and the types of movements...basically anything that puts stretch on the hip flexor. I work as a physical therapist and just realizing that my job will be a little harder than I thought. I thought that being fit and active would make it easier.

• Taking baths definitely helps. Moreover, slow movements and lots of rest: sit, lie down propped with pillows. 

I had mild RLP in my 1st trimester, but now that I'm into my 2nd trimester, the RLP is getting worse. It is only on my right side. I had shooting, sharp pain for 30 minutes that occured in 4 waves. I think it was due to being overactive, which was my body's way of saying, "Slow down & Rest!!!!" This sharp pain happens when I'm too active. If you have any other symptoms (naseousness, discharge, vomitting, bleeding, temperature, etc.) you should call your doctor ASAP.

I find resting is the best solution, taking tylenol as needed, and a combo of ice cold packets alternating with  heat on the side it is hurting. Rest, rest, rest!

I'm pretty fit (prenatal yoga, swimmer, etc.) but the RLP is still there. I really think it is your body telling you to slow down in your movements, prop your feet up, and rest as much as possible .

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"