2nd Trimester

Freaking out a little here...18 wks...

Had my 18 week scan today and my baby boy weighed in at 11ounces when the "norm" for 18 weeks is 7ounces?! lol! Yikes!   My hubby's Samoan so am a little afraid I'm going to have a high birth weight Bubs....what is everyone else weighing in at and can this even out later on and get back on track? I havent been going too crazy on my food?!.....    :o/

Re: Freaking out a little here...18 wks...

• LCB34LCB34 member

My last u/s was a little under 2 weeks ago and Kate was measuring 6 ounces - my Peri said that was normal. Per my iPhone app (I know - so trustworthy!) she should have only been 3.4 ounces at 16 weeks but my Peri didn't seem concerned.  Try not to worry!

• At 22 weeks my baby girl was only 1lb 1oz, she is a tiny thing (OB said she is in the bottom 33rd percentile), even though my husband is a big boy now he was actually a small baby.  I also have heard that it is hard for them to get an accurate measurement because they are measuring like 3 or 4 different things and coming up with a weight.
  • Loading the player...
  • My little guy was measuring 1 lb. 1 oz. as of last Wed. (20w6d) or about a week and a day ahead I guess.  The doctors says we're going to check his size again at 28 weeks to see how big he is.  She says that sometimes they have a growth spurt, but we'll find out later if it was a spurt or a big boy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If the dr. isn't worried, I wouldn't worry. They can only estimate the weight anyway. Since we've opted out of all testing, I can't tell you what baby weighs now. But maybe your LO just went through a growth spurt and it will slow down.

FWIW, my sister is the tiniest person ever, and she had a 9 1/2 baby just fine!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My LO weighed 11 oz at 19 weeks. ?Today he weighed 2.5 lbs and I am 26 weeks. ?
  • kg_08kg_08 member
    i've noticed that the websites are usually predicting small for the ammount of weeks. At 18 weeks LO was measuring 9 oz for me, but 11 is not abnormal. I think you're fine.
  • At my 20w ultrasound baby was weighing in around the 12 ounce mark. I was also measuring ahead a bit at that.
  • At 19w4d LO weighed in at 12 ounces, they told me that was normal but somewhat on the bigger side. When I came in for my next apt at 23w4d, they moved my due date up a week. So it just varies, they think they just had my date wrong from the beginning, since my cycle was irregular. This may or may not be the case for you, but like PP said, if the docs aren't worried, then you shouldn't either.
  • the estimated weights on ultrasound are notoriously wrong. Not really a reliable judgement of what the baby actually weighs or will weigh once he/she is born. Really no sweat here. My son weighed in at 12 ounces at 18 weeks too, but my uterus is measuring right on. So my guess? It just wasnt accurate.
  • Ok awesome...thanks to ALL of you! I feel a little more relaxed about it now. lol! Silly really. Thanks for taking the time ladies...LOVING this website its great! Wishing you all the very best in this exciting adventure! XXX
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"