Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Recs for convertable carseat that is rear facing

Hello! My son is 5.5 months old and 20 lbs. I have the Graco Snugride 22, so we need to move onto a convertable seat very soon! I have the Graco Nautilus and just found out that it can't be rear facing. When I was registering, I never expected for my son to be out of his infant seat so soon!

I'm thinking I'll need to take the Nautilus back and get something else so he can be rear facing for at least a year, right? His feet are touching the back seat, but just barely.

Can you recommend your convertable seat that can be rear facing? 

Thank you!

Re: Recs for convertable carseat that is rear facing

• We just made the switch this weekend. We have a Britax Marathon and love it.
  • Current rec is rear facing until at least 2 years old (regardless of how long their legs are and whether their feet touch the back seat)

I haven't bought a convertible yet, but I'm looking for one with a tall shell height to accomodate RF until age 2.  It looks like we might go for the Safety First True Fit

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Graco myride 65. It's very affordable-I've seen it on sale for $99 at the lowest, and you can generally find it on sale for around $130 most of the time. RF until 40lbs, which is great.
  • I second the Britax Marathon.  We got ours 3 weeks ago and I love it!  It's a bit pricier than some other ones on the market, but I felt like the safety features were a bit more thorough.  Plus I used a 20% off coupon and saved almost $60 on it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Britax Marathon. We have it and love it. It took us a bit to get used to it and figure it out, but now we are happy we bought it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have the Britax Roundabout 50.  I like that it has a slimmer profile, especially since we'll have 2 convertible carseats in the back of my Jeep before we know it!

It's rear facing from 5-35lbs, and up to 49 inches.  And forward facing up to 50lbs & 49 inches. 

ETA: The regular Roundabout is the same price.  But with the 50 you get 9 extra inches in height, and 10 extra pounds for weight. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just ordered the Britax Marathon from diapers.com for $209 on sale! Regular price is $279...they also don't have sales tax for most states. Oh, and  free 2 day shipping.
  • imageKC_13:
    Graco myride 65. It's very affordable-I've seen it on sale for $99 at the lowest, and you can generally find it on sale for around $130 most of the time. RF until 40lbs, which is great.

This.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"