3rd Trimester

What don't you like?? Foods.....

I spit out all the celery pieces in soups, potato salads, etc.

My DH finds that funny.

What don't you like????

Re: What don't you like?? Foods.....

• I hate, I mean hate tuna fish sandwiches (the canned kind, mushed up with mayo).  I love fresh tuna steaks.  I can't even be in the room if someone is eating it.  I don't let DH buy it or if he does and wants to eat it, I can't be home. 
  • Raisins.  If the only thing I have available to eat for whatever reason has them in it (think, last bagel at the continental breakfast), I will dissect that bad boy into small bits to make sure my mouth doesn't get infiltrated by one.

• Loading the player...
  • Parmesan cheese.  I can't even be in the same room as someone who is consuming it.  IMO the smell is incredibly offensive.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Fish, I hate fish. I can gut a fish I just cannot eat it. I also dislike celery, carrot cake, sour dough bread,  and dill (I love pickles but hate dill).
  • Oh I can't stand celery, either, and DH LOVES it.  He even insists on putting the celery leaves in dishes.  I made a pot roast last night in the slow cooker and left DH in charge of chopping veggies.  He chopped up the entire bag of celery.  UGH.  It tastes like metal to me.

I don't like raisins in savory foods - like when they put raisins and other dried fruit in Indian chicken biryani.  Also not a fan of nuts in baked goods.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Olives, all colors.  Grody!
  • A chicken breast. UGH. Disgusting.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

View Raw Image'>

• Mustard and/or Mayo - no way.

Not in any "salad", dressing, on a sandwich - I cannot consume these foods.  No way! 

• DH thinks I'm a freak of nature because I HATE cucumbers and raspberries.  (I got him back yesterday and said the same thing to him about his hate towards peeps, score!)
  • CD+ALCD+AL member
    Bananas  Ick!

• Raw onions (except green) - I just don't have the stomach for them anymore.  I was a big garlic and onion fan PP, but now sometimes I don't even like them cooked.
  • Tuna, celery (I hate the strings and flavor), and tomatoes (raw) in a sauce it's fine
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Ditto on the cooked celery...and raisins!  I also despise Marachino (sp?) cherries or any cherry flavored candy/drinks.  Just the smell makes me sick...even not pregnant.
    Photobucket

Bar tab = $156,000, Bus to Foxwoods = $0, Puking in the Stanley Cup = Priceless

• Tomatoes - they taste nasty and their slimy and gross! Ick!

...and if I ever have to drink/smell a ginger snap or ginger ale again (after months of all day sickness with this little guy) - I'll spew! 

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Bell peppers, and mayo (real or miracle whip) though it's ok in tuna/chicken salad
  • Pregnancy related?

Chicken is iffy, most steak is iffy (I LOVE steak normally), butter is iffy.

I've always hated cooked celery.  Oh and fish.  I hate fish!  It's not the texture, it's the taste.  It's ... well ... FISHY!

• Green beans- love the smell hate the way they taste

Whipped cream - gags me just thinking about it.Ick!

Butterfingers - love the peanut butter taste however, the texture gives me the heebee geebees. 

• I don't like nuts plain or in anything. Except snickers bars, for some reason those don't bother me.

• I cannot stand any soup, especially cream soups. This has only been since pp. I also could never stand anything resembling a whole tomato or chopped tomato. I also despise all crackers, especially gram crackers were all I could eat in 1st tri and now they make me puke. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • water chestnuts.  What is the point of those anyway?

walnuts in my brownies.  don't eff with a good thing.

I am sure there are more, but those are the biggest ones.

• I hate corn.  It smells awful.  I don't even like to look at mushrooms.  I think cheesecake is nasty because of its texture and all around gloopiness.  And I also hate cherries and anything cherry flavored.  
  • Nuts - any and all kinds - peanuts, chashews, almonds, etc.. gross (Dont have any problems with peanut butter as long as it isnt crunchy)

Bone-in anything - especially if its chicken.

Pork - any and all kinds!

• 1. onions that are cut up too big for anything

2. imitation crab meat

3. SPAM

4. turkey bacon

5. scrapple

6. mushrooms

7. yogurt lately

8 vanilla ice cream

9. deviled eggs

10 chipped beef gravy

11. corn nuts

12. bologna

13 fish, unless it is fresh

14 lobster 

• Me too! Chicken for some reason has just become appalling to me - ESPECIALLY if I am preparing it and see it from it's raw state.  EEEEEWWWW
  • Green peas. Can't stand the smell, taste, or texture of them.
  • imageannasi83:

water chestnuts.  What is the point of those anyway?

walnuts in my brownies.  don't eff with a good thing.

I am sure there are more, but those are the biggest ones.

ITA!!!!!!!

• Raw tomatoes - Can't handle them or their seeds...every few years I try one just to see if my taste buds have grown...they have not...

Fortunately, I married a man that eats them like apples so I always have a place to throw mine :) 

I LOVE tomato sauce, ketchup and even tomato soup - I can even do cooked tomatoes on pizza and stuff - just can't handle raw tomatoes...yuckie!

• I don't spit out any food. I think that is gross and it's childish. I just don't pick up certain foods with my fork or spoon.
  • -raw tomatoes.  They are squishy and gross and the seeds look like boogers.

-sweet potatoes.  They are stringy and taste funny no matter what I do to them.

-carrots.  Just plain yucky.

image image
  • mushrooms, olives, and if I order a sandwich out I ask for no sauce.  I can't stand it when places GLOP mayo on and when you go to take a bite, its practically poops out the sides.  YUK!
    Take a chance. Take a risk. Take the initiative. Make your wishes a reality and make your dreams come true!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I can't think of any foods that I wouldn't eat....unless it's exotic.  I'm not very picky.

• I will pick out the celery for sure.

I hate canned corn. I mean, if you take it out the can and heat it up, I will not eat it. Some people cook it down and do different thigns to it. I will try that. But plain out the can is nasty. And I don't like corn in most things (soups, entrees, etc.)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageItaliannvegas:
    I don't spit out any food. I think that is gross and it's childish. I just don't pick up certain foods with my fork or spoon.

Well, good for you then.

• Pregnancy related, I can no longer eat apples in any form. Raw, cooked, apple pie, apple juice, all of it makes me vomit violently. Guess no apple juice in this LO's sippy cup...

Also ginger snaps and ginger ale, I threw them up too many times in first tri.

Non-pregnancy related, I despise creamed corn, it looks like vomit and the texture is gross. Also cabbage is disgusting, the smell alone is horrible. Ditto turnip greens. Bratwurst or anything in a "casing", YUCK. Also shiny, rubbery lunch meat like bologna or salami is nasty.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"