1st Trimester

I'd like to request a 17 & Pregnant board.

Wouldn't that be a hoot? ;-)?

And seriously, I'd kill to know how at 17 you have a "lifetime" of maturity.

Re: I'd like to request a 17 & Pregnant board.

• Yes
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes
  • Loading the player...
  • C'mon! Ask any 17 year old and they'll tell you all about how they've been through some serious stuff and junk..... You don't know them!

Confused

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Dear Bump Gods,
    Please make this happen.
    Love and kisses,
    rosenjoe
  • They have one...it's called "Single Parents"!

I know, I know, not all single parents are young. But the young ones seem to cause all the drama over there, it's such a trainwreck!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • OOOOH!!! That would be mighty entertaining. If you need supporters, I'll definitely write the bump gods.
    I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • I remember thinking I was sooo grown up and mature at 17.  And really, I was a pretty responsible and mature 17 year old.  But I'm sorry, there is just no 17 year old that should purposefully be pregnant.  It is so sad!!!  And it's even more sad that it's completely obvious she is not mature, responsible or at all ready for the challenges being a mother will bring. :(
  • imageKristi221:

They have one...it's called "Single Parents"!

I know, I know, not all single parents are young. But the young ones seem to cause all the drama over there, it's such a trainwreck!

Really?  I'm going to start lurking there more.  Love this entertainment. 

And I love how she had to post a PSA on the New to the Bump forum warning everyone what old hags we all are.

• I was 18 when I got pregnant

Of course I wasn't a nut nut. (And DH and I were already engaged) 

• Yes

I've gotta say, the boards have been quite entertaining this weekend! That girl has a lot of growing up to do! I just gotta say.. if she is so mature, why can't she wait a few years until after college to have a baby???

Danica 10.22.10 | Milo 12.23.12

PicMonkey Collage3

• imageSunflowerMae:
    imageKristi221:

They have one...it's called "Single Parents"!

Really?  I'm going to start lurking there more.  Love this entertainment. 

And I love how she had to post a PSA on the New to the Bump forum warning everyone what old hags we all are.

Oh man, you will either thank me or ask me for about 12 billion hours of your life back! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • MSC03MSC03 member
    image****AWS****:

Wouldn't that be a hoot? ;-) 

And seriously, I'd kill to know how at 17 you have a "lifetime" of maturity.

Exactly. Because going through a ton of crap when you're young, it makes you NEEDY. Needy of something to love and have love you (baby.)

Just strikes me as sad, she played into every single stereotype.

imageimage
  • imageJessicamz:
    I remember thinking I was sooo grown up and mature at 17.  And really, I was a pretty responsible and mature 17 year old.  But I'm sorry, there is just no 17 year old that should purposefully be pregnant.  It is so sad!!!  And it's even more sad that it's completely obvious she is not mature, responsible or at all ready for the challenges being a mother will bring. :(

I was an A+ student, had a steady boyfriend (now DH), and had 2 part-time jobs...and at 17 all I could think was, "I cannot beleive my mom had me at this age.  I couldn't possibly do it."  Even then I knew I wasn't grown up enough.  Still worry I might not be these days at 27 Wink

~ M/C April 28/10 @ 10w2d ~ ~ M/C Sept. 14/10 @ 5w ~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kg_08kg_08 member
    I'm pretty sure I would have been mature enough to have a baby at 17, but if anyone actually PLANS to get pregnant that young, that kind of defeats the entire maturity debate. I'm still young at 21, but with a house, husband, stable income, etc... it's just a different story.
  • imagekg_08:
    I'm pretty sure I would have been mature enough to have a baby at 17, but if anyone actually PLANS to get pregnant that young, that kind of defeats the entire maturity debate. I'm still young at 21, but with a house, husband, stable income, etc... it's just a different story.

Exactly.  The fact that you were mature enough not to, and not to try to, makes you much more mature than the 17 year old in question.

~ M/C April 28/10 @ 10w2d ~ ~ M/C Sept. 14/10 @ 5w ~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemaddiemoon43:

imageJessicamz:
    I remember thinking I was sooo grown up and mature at 17.  And really, I was a pretty responsible and mature 17 year old.  But I'm sorry, there is just no 17 year old that should purposefully be pregnant.  It is so sad!!!  And it's even more sad that it's completely obvious she is not mature, responsible or at all ready for the challenges being a mother will bring. :(

I was an A+ student, had a steady boyfriend (now DH), and had 2 part-time jobs...and at 17 all I could think was, "I cannot beleive my mom had me at this age.  I couldn't possibly do it."  Even then I knew I wasn't grown up enough.  Still worry I might not be these days at 27 Wink

You probably thought that because you actually were one of the more-mature-than-normal 17-year-olds.  You were able to understand the hardships and knew it woudn't be a good idea.

It's the teens who scream: I'm mature! I swear! I planned this pregnancy because I'm SO ready even though I'm only a waitress and my boyfriend is only considering joining the military! that are the immature ones.

• try having thebump app for the phone.  Its much worse.  I am wondering if any of those girls have watched MTV 16 and pregnant.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekg_08:

::Totally off the subject:: Your bump picture is ADORABLE!!!

• I do not think ANY 17 year old is "mature" enough for a kid. I'm a good example of it! My little girl is a total surprise! I'm only 20 for god sakes! I mean I'm 2 years out of high school, just starting a career, and have a fiance who I swear is 12 instead of 21. I'm not completely ready for this kid however, I will do my best to raise her and so will her daddy. On another subject. I DO wish they had a young mom board on here. I feel like I'm lost in a see of late twenty's and thirty something mommies. It would be nice to talk with other moms who are going through the same things I am. Just so I don't feel dumb or weird about WIC questions and such. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Where is the post y'all are referring to?
  • kg_08kg_08 member
    imageJessicamz:

imagekg_08:

::Totally off the subject:: Your bump picture is ADORABLE!!!

Thank you! I love this shirt, but it's not maternity... I wanted a pic in it before it gets retired in a couple more weeks. Sad

• When I was seventeen, I drank some very good beer
    I drank some very good beer I purchased with a fake ID
    My name was Brian McGee
    I stayed up listening to Queen
    When I was seventeen

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Many 17 and 18 year olds can make good parents. Does that mean they should be planning to get pregnant at that age? Um . . . no. But that's just my opinion. Sometimes these lessons have to be learned after the fact.
  • imageNana_Osaki06:
    I do not think ANY 17 year old is "mature" enough for a kid. I'm a good example of it! My little girl is a total surprise! I'm only 20 for god sakes! I mean I'm 2 years out of high school, just starting a career, and have a fiance who I swear is 12 instead of 21. I'm not completely ready for this kid however, I will do my best to raise her and so will her daddy. On another subject. I DO wish they had a young mom board on here. I feel like I'm lost in a see of late twenty's and thirty something mommies. It would be nice to talk with other moms who are going through the same things I am. Just so I don't feel dumb or weird about WIC questions and such. 

I'm younger too, and would love a young mom board. Although it may have even more drama than the 1st tri boards! My pregnancy was unplanned, but I already had a house and a fiance of 4 years, so we are going to do our best to raise our baby and provide a good stable home for him/her. A lot of people judge young moms, but that just comes with the territory. I'm 20, and people make rude comments about it a lot. I try not to let it bother me because only my family and I really know how my life is. I don't, however, go around preaching about how mature and responsible I am, because I know the exact reaction that would come of that. At 17 though, I may have. Who knows!

• kg_08kg_08 member
    imagesexysica:

I didn't see the original post but I know there were a lot of things I knew about parenting at 17 that at 24 I've now forgotten and I wish I had made notes for myself or something.  At 17 I was able to logically examine the kinds of behaviors my parents exhibited that made me feel insignificant and I knew what kinds of things I wanted them to do or say that would have been supportive or helpful.  Now it's been so long that although I remember a few specific instances that really upset me, I can't identify with myself as a child being raised and I don't connect very well with any one under the age of 20.  

17 may not be the optimal age for having a baby but some 17 year olds deserve more credit that you think.

I guess I really don't understand this... even if you DID have a baby at 17, by the time the LO was old enough to feel "insignificant" you would have been out of the house and forgotten by then. I suppose I just don't get your logic in this area. I agree with you that some 17 year olds may be able to handle it and do a good job, but if it's actually something PLANNED, it makes no sense not to just wait a couple years to REALLY be stable, etc...

• imageMrsJeffers2006:

imageNana_Osaki06:
    I do not think ANY 17 year old is "mature" enough for a kid. I'm a good example of it! My little girl is a total surprise! I'm only 20 for god sakes! I mean I'm 2 years out of high school, just starting a career, and have a fiance who I swear is 12 instead of 21. I'm not completely ready for this kid however, I will do my best to raise her and so will her daddy. On another subject. I DO wish they had a young mom board on here. I feel like I'm lost in a see of late twenty's and thirty something mommies. It would be nice to talk with other moms who are going through the same things I am. Just so I don't feel dumb or weird about WIC questions and such. 

I'm younger too, and would love a young mom board. Although it may have even more drama than the 1st tri boards! My pregnancy was unplanned, but I already had a house and a fiance of 4 years, so we are going to do our best to raise our baby and provide a good stable home for him/her. A lot of people judge young moms, but that just comes with the territory. I'm 20, and people make rude comments about it a lot. I try not to let it bother me because only my family and I really know how my life is. I don't, however, go around preaching about how mature and responsible I am, because I know the exact reaction that would come of that. At 17 though, I may have. Who knows!

I don't really get the rude comments so much with me being as young as I am. I don't really look my age. That and I work in a salon so I think I get shoved into the mid twenties range mostly because you don't find too many 20 year old licensed stylists. However, I would love to meet mommies my own age that I can connect better with. Also, when I was 17 the last thing I wanted was to be pregnant! I was still in the "I'm going to adopt from china" phase. I wanted nothing to do with the situation I'm in now. However, that is me. I was too worried about school, prom, boys, and getting my first tattoo at that age! It's fun how much things change in the matter of just a few years.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagepiecesofflare:

imageNana_Osaki06:
      I was still in the "I'm going to adopt from china" phase. 

International adoption is a teenage phase now.

Awesome. 

Apparently turning goth isn't cool enough these days Confused

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• damn, when I was 17 all i cared about was getting drunk on the weekends and playing well in lacrosse. NO effing way i'd be mature enough for a baby. My husband is 39 and I swear sometimes he has the maturity of a 17 year old, guys do NOT mature until much later.
  • imagemaddiemoon43:

imageJessicamz:

I agree. My mom had me when she was 19, still living at home, party girl, not sure who my birth dad was etc....My grandparents ended up raising me which was the best thing that could have happened. My mom and I have a pretty good relationship now. But I remember when I was 19 and called my birth mom and told her how I just could not imagine being pregnant right now. It's crazy.

Photobucket
  • To the OP who requested a 17 & Pregnant board, I believe thebump iphone app should actually be called: The Teen Pregnancy App, if you have an iphone (or know someone who does) you should check it out.  It was full of crazy stories and ridiculous questions. 

• imageNana_Osaki06:
    imageMrsJeffers2006:

imageNana_Osaki06:

I don't really get the rude comments so much with me being as young as I am. I don't really look my age. That and I work in a salon so I think I get shoved into the mid twenties range mostly because you don't find too many 20 year old licensed stylists. However, I would love to meet mommies my own age that I can connect better with. Also, when I was 17 the last thing I wanted was to be pregnant! I was still in the "I'm going to adopt from china" phase. I wanted nothing to do with the situation I'm in now. However, that is me. I was too worried about school, prom, boys, and getting my first tattoo at that age! It's fun how much things change in the matter of just a few years.

I get asked if I'm older sister or babysitter a few times. When I forget to put on my wedding ring in the morning and go out with DS, I get dirty looks.

I was 18 when I got pregnant and had him, 19 a few months later and now at 20, people never really think I'm the age I am. Most people say they think I'm mid 20's.

In HS, there was no way I could have a kid. I was way too invested in JROTC and having fun.  

• oh, if they had that board, I'd probably go poke over there and then feel bad about it, so it's probably best that it's not there, what with me having little willpower to avoid reading that and then getting all judgmental.  bad, bad, bad spacebunny!

i do know people mature at different rates based on life experiences, etc.  And sure, there are probably some kick-a$$ moms at 18.  I was fairly mature for 18--but also was mature enough to know that it wouldn't be fair to bring a kid into the world at that point.  Of course, I was still a virgin back then, so I didn't have any worries about accidental kids showing up uninvited. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemonimonimoni:
    When I was seventeen, I drank some very good beer
    I drank some very good beer I purchased with a fake ID
    My name was Brian McGee
    I stayed up listening to Queen
    When I was seventeen

Yes  Simpsons!

• They have one for teens mom on Baby Center.  It is a hot mess!!!!  They are DRAMA QUEENS!!!  Very entertaining though...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"