Trying to Get Pregnant

ugjhg^ht%$yvlkjtGhgj*hjy^@2df!!!

This is what I am going to say to the unsuspecting person on the other end of the phone when I call my doctor's billing department on Monday.

On Thursday, we received a "final notice" for IF-related bloodwork that I had done back in October.  I called in advance and found out it was fully covered.  Someone in the billing department submitted it under the wrong code, and we have been getting billed for 160.00 since then.  We have made numerous phone calls to both the doctor's office and insurance, and each time we are told that they will handle it and resubmit it.  When DH called yesterday, we found out that it has never once been resubmitted.  Indifferent  I sent a strongly worded letter today including the words "harass" and "attorney", and told them they have 5 business days to get it resolved.

So I go out and get the mail today, and I have a statement of benefits from my insurance.  Neither my IUI nor DH's sperm wash was covered at all, even though we called in advance and were told that it was fully covered.  It says we owe almost $400.  My guess is that once again, something was submitted with the wrong coding.  I'm very concerned about this one, because I'm due for my next IUI this week.  I'm afraid they won't perform it because I'll have an outstanding balance.

OK, vent over.  Thanks for reading (if you made it all the way through).  Just had to get it off my chest.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: ugjhg^ht%$yvlkjtGhgj*hjy^@2df!!!

• WTF? I would be royally pissed off and would show up in person! But that's just me I'm a total biitch when I am mad! I hope they get this fixed for you in time! 
  • imagemari2003:
    WTF? I would be royally pissed off and would show up in person! But that's just me I'm a total biitch when I am mad! I hope they get this fixed for you in time! 

HA!  You and I are too much alike mari!   When my DH called yesterday, the first thing he said was "You'd better be very thankful you're not talking to my wife."  The thing that pissses me off even more is that this is two totally separate doctor's offices.  The bloodwork was through my OBGYN and the IUI is through my RE.  So we're dealing with two jackazzes that can't do their jobs correctly.

ETA:  AAAHHH!   I just saw your siggie!  No cancer cells for your DH?!  What do they think it is?  I am so happy for you guys!!

• Loading the player...
  • That's brutal! I would raise some serious sh*t!

I would call ahead to the clinic that is doing the IUI to see if they can still do it.  I'm sorry that this is happening to you.

TTC since August 2009
    June/July 2011 - IVF #1 - Transfer cancelled due to OHSS
    23 perfect embryos. All 23 made it to freezing!
    September/October - FET #1 - October 12th - 2 Grade A embies
    October 20th - BFP??! EDD - July 1, 2012
    Beta #1 = 154, Beta #2 = 352 Beta #3 = 3,800
    U/S #2 - November 14th = 133 bpm! U/S #3 & 4 - November 30th and December 7th = 163 bpm! U/S#5 - January 30th - TEAM PINK!!!
    Baby Sweets born on her due date!
  • Argh! That is sooo frustrating! I would be pissed too..GL getting it all resolved.

AND good luck on your IUI!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We just went through something simialar with a hospital bill!!!  I had paid it off in full and they continued billing me!!!  I was so pissed off when I got the letter saying they got an attorny to collect!!!  Good luck getting it resolved, if you finally get somebody who knows what the hell they are doing it'll go by a lot faster!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemari2003:
    WTF? I would be royally pissed off and would show up in person! But that's just me I'm a total biitch when I am mad! I hope they get this fixed for you in time! 

I totally agree. That is ridiculous and  unacceptable.

I hope it gets settled soon. 

• imageSweets11:

That's brutal! I would raise some serious sh*t!

I would call ahead to the clinic that is doing the IUI to see if they can still do it.  I'm sorry that this is happening to you.

Oh, they d*mn well better be doing it, since they're the ones that screwed up the billing.  I'll make them sit there and call my insurance company while I'm standing there if need be. lol  DH is actually going up there on Monday to talk to them.  Again, they're lucky to be talking to him and not to me.  Ugh.

• Oh Jenny I am soo sorry!  That is incredibly frustrating.  I had to e-mail the corporate office of my old insurance company once to get them to pay for something they should have paid for but submitted incorrectly.  After a year of them not paying, that e-mail did the trick.  I hope they get it sorted out for you right away.
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Ask to speak to the practice manager.  I know where I work, they're the ones that can get stuff done.
  • imageCatie513:
    Ask to speak to the practice manager.  I know where I work, they're the ones that can get stuff done.

Thank you for the tip Catie!  That was definitely the route I was headed in.  I am no longer speaking to the people responsible for billing, since clearly they don't know how to do their jobs.  It's nobody less than a manager for me! Big Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"