High-Risk Pregnancy

why are you high risk? clicky

Re: why are you high risk? clicky

• IUGR and low amniotic fluid for me
  • I voted pre-term labor but also have a short cervix... so really could have voted for 2 if the bump polls would allow two votes :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • silly short cervix.. here but I really appreciate all the the support from everyone on here!! much love ladies!! Smile
  • I voted for GD, but also identical twins.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I voted "other" for low amniotic fluid since I am on bed rest for it.  I also have GD.
  • I'm an "other" also. I have hyperthyroidism which brings a plethora of additional problems with it.
  • 1. over age 35

2. my first daughter has Down syndrome

3. Previous preterm labor and delivery (34 weeks)

4. Unicornuate Uterus (uterine anomaly)

5. Single Umbilical Artery

• Complete placenta previa with a bleed at 25 weeks so now on modified bedrest at home for the duration of the pregnancy (after a brief stay in L&D at 25 weeks).
    Ryan 5/2010, Kyle 1/2007, Eric 3/2005
  • I voted for incompetent cerxix, but I am also on bed rest for preterm labor. At 22 wks I went to the hospital for PL and there it was discovered I was dilated 2 cm and had my water bag bulging out. My MFM did an emergency cerclage. Today I thank God because I'll be 33 wks tomorrow with a cervix measuring 1 cm but holding on thanks to the work of my MFM's stitching=)
  • i voted for 'pre-existing condition'

1. i have a heart murmur

2. history of two previous m/c

3. mother with a history of two previous m/c

• Previous pre term birth and GD
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Stupid short cervix and bicornuate uterus.  Blahhh
    align="center">

BFP #1 9/6/2009 EDD 5/29/10. Missy Moo born 5/12/10 after 3 months of bedrest due to PTL, IC and a bicornuate ute causing IUGR
    BFP # 2 1/28/12 EDD 10/6/12 No heartbeat seen @ 10 weeks, Autumn
    BFP #3 8/18/12 EDD 5/2/13 No heartbeat seen at 7w3d, Mae
    BFP #4 01/31/2013 EDD 10/15/2013 No HB seen in our little girl at 10w2d due to trisomy 12, Abigail
    BFP #5 6/27/2013 EDD 3/10/2014 diagnosed with protein S deficiency heparin twice a day. Luke's HB stopped at 8wks
    BFP#6 12/22/2013 EDD 9/4/2014 No HB seen at 7w2d, Leia

BFP #7- 5/12/14 EDD 01/2015, ruptured ectopic 5/31/14

• 'Other':

1. Baby diagnosed with Posterior Urethral Valve Obstruction (PUV) - which means that a membrane in the urethra didn't pop, so we had in utero surgery to insert a catheter/shunt into the baby's bladder so that it could drain into the amniotic sac - no fluid was present before we did this. 

2. Baby has one kidney

3. Single umbilical artery 

• IUGR and low amniotic fluid for me, too (Twin B). At 27 weeks, a closed spinal defect was found in Twin A. 
    To Twinfinity and Beyond TTC since 3/2007 Heterozygous Factor V Leiden Diagnosed with PCOS 5/2008 3 TI Clomid cycles - BFN's 4 IUI various meds - BFN's Sept 2009 IVF #1: 100mg Clomid 125u Follistim, then some Repronex and Ganirelix.
    Beta #1: 223, Beta #2: 996, Beta #3 4,018, Beta #4: 17,000 , Beta 5: 47,000
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I voted other:

Originally when I first got pregnant I was high risk because:

1) I was AMA (Advanced Maternal Age-35 & over)

2) I had high blood pressure when DD was born (didn't get diagnosed until I went into early labor w/her).....I've still had the blood pressure problems since, but am on medication which has controlled it wonderfully

Now I can add a 3rd as of a month ago:  GD

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Subchorionic hematoma and low-lying placenta.

• Other- Uterus didelpyhs= double cervix and double uterus. High risk for preterm labor and miscarriage.
  • I voted for "other" I haven't even seen my Dr. for this pregnancy yet - I'm trying to treat this as "normal" as possible at least for now.  My first baby was stillborn (due to some midline defects) then I had an unexplained miscarriage.  With DD I had a short cervix and GD.  This time I'm hoping that we won't have any "extra complications" but I will be 35 in a month, I'm sure I'll have GD again (I failed the 1 hour test with my first pregnancy but never got far enough for the 3 hour in addition to having it with my DD).  So...I see a High Risk MFM but he hasn't seen me yet this time around.  This board was not around that I remember when I was pg with DD.
  • polyhydraminos/ shorten cervix/ PTL
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"