Infertility

pregnyl vs ovidrel

anyone know the difference?  All my meds are the same for this IVF except i'm going to be using a pregnyl trigger instead of the ovidrel.

I'm going to ask the nurse, but I won't see her for awhile and the curiosity is killing me!   (of course there is part of me that is super happy that SOMETHING is different.  So know I can get my hopes up thinking that this might actually work)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: pregnyl vs ovidrel

• Hi! My RE uses a Pregnyl trigger as well. I used it with my last iui and will use it for my next cycle. It is the natural form of HCG, where Ovidrel is man-made. I got mine for $55 so I think cost-wise they are the same. Good Luck!
    DX: Unexplained IF/possible PCOS 5/5/2010 Surprise BFP! After 2 miscarriages and many prayers, our angel is here:) Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • When I consulted with CCRM, Dr. M said she prefers pregnyl to ovidrel.  I think it matures eggs better than ovidrel does.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • gidgegidge member
    Thanks :)  I'll be curious to hear what the nurse has to say.  I know of 2 others who did IVF with my clinic and they both used the ovidrel trigger (one of them on all 3 of her IVF's).  So I'm curious what about our situation made them decide to change it up for us.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"