New Orleans Babies

Northshore ladies, Park recs?

I am in search of a nice park for spring mini sessions that I plan to have at the end of the month. I need it to be a nice setting for pictures, but safe for the kids waiting for their turn for pictures. I rode around Mandeville a bit today (actually got lost!) and was in shock by some of the "parks" my GPS took me to. Um, Northlake Nature Center?!?! OMG! I was afraid for my life! I've heard mention of a nice park in Abita Springs and I know there's also the option of the Mandeville Lakefront, but it's really not ideally what I had in mind for the session. If you know of any nice park settings for pictures, please fill me in!

Also, if you will be at the Kids Day Expo at the Castine Center on the 20th, come stop by my booth :)

Nia, Mom to Jayden Michael, Born 12/04/06, Adopted 12/07/06
And Elias Parker, Born 3.5 weeks early 12/20/2011 image
FINALLY!!! After 7 years of infertility! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Northshore ladies, Park recs?

• Bogue Falaya Park in downtown Covington, beautiful!

Kevin & Traci May 11, 2006 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Thank you! I'm going to check it out maybe on Monday. I went to Fontainebleau State Park today and I love the beach area!
  • Loading the player...
  • So I drove to Bogue Falaya Park on Friday to check it out, pulled into the lot and got a call from my son's school that he had a seizure :( So I didn't get to see the park at all. I'll try again soon, but he'll be with me next time. I can't tell you how long the drive back to Slidell seemed when I was trying to get to him!
  • The Landing is really nice for pics!
  • Oh no! So sorry to hear about your son! Is he ok?

Kevin & Traci May 11, 2006 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • We used Fairview Park in Madisonville for Grace's Easter pics. They have beautiful trees, a white picket fence and great green open spaces for pics. You can see some of our pics at https://www.thestudiofamilyphoto.com/ if you look under Gallery and Jennifer you can see our pics.
    imageimage
  • Try John Slidell Park or Heritage Park in Slidell.

I think the first is better for taking pictures than the latter, but I'll leave that up to you. John Slidell Park has more trees and trails than Heritage Park.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"