2nd Trimester

do you think about what size baby?

For some reason I just expect to have a somewhat smaller side of average baby.  I pray not premie or anything... but I just can not imagine him being more than 7.5 pounds (and for some reason I expect the 6s).

Anyone else think about this? I am only 24 weeks so it is not like I have any idea, but this is what I think about:)

Re: do you think about what size baby?

• Yes I've thought on this one..........mainly b/c I don't want to gain too much weight and have a ginormous kiddo! I started out overweight so doc said not to gain too much. Haven't added a pound yet--- things are just 'shifting'.

I guess time will tell and we should just concentrate on being healthy!

photo 4ed88b49-c7fa-41ac-98ae-1e6d1a108e02.jpg 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersimage
  • I just worry about it being a huge baby.  I was big, and DH was pretty good sized.

It doesn't help that the Dr told me at my last appointment that he is betting its a big one, because I'm already measuring about 2 weeks ahead! Indifferent

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

M/C 7.22.11 at 6 wks
  • Loading the player...
  • with my dd Emma I only gained 14 lbs and she weighed 9lbs.so I hvae no clue what size this one will be
  • I worry about this all the time since I was a 12 pound baby.  I am very petite & I already feel like a house but my Dr. has not said anything so far so we shall see.

• imageangelnumber8:
    with my dd Emma I only gained 14 lbs and she weighed 9lbs.so I hvae no clue what size this one will be

holy smokes.......I didn't know that was possible! I guess anything goes!

photo 4ed88b49-c7fa-41ac-98ae-1e6d1a108e02.jpg 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersimage
  • I have already had two... 8 lbs 6 oz, and 8 lbs 10 oz.  I think this one will either break 9 pounds, or throw us and be under 8.  I kind of like them big though, they seem a little less fragile that way.  And clothes fit them better.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm worried LO will be huge!!! I was average, 7lbs 7oz, but DH was 10lbs 4oz!! I really hope he's not built like his daddy!
  • I'm concerned - I was over 9 lbs (my mom had a lot of problems during delivery because I was right on the cusp of being too big for a standard delivery and she had a lot of complications after I was born).   DH was 10 lbs and a couple months ago I saw a picture of him 2 days after birth - He was HUGE

My doctor says the meds I'm on tend to make smaller babies (5-7 lbs) so I'm hoping we'll land in a healthy 6-8 lb range but since we have no control over it I try not to think about it too much.    

• see I was 6 pounds 2 ounces and DH was 7 pounds 1 oz.  So both of us were small...

• I was in 6 lbs 5 oz, DH was 7 lbs even and DS was 6 lbs 6 oz...we were all full term/on time...so I think our families just make smaller babies, or maybe I'm just hoping!  We'll see.
  • I'm thinking that this LO will be between 7.5 and 8.5. I was 6lb 3oz and SO was like 8lb 12 oz. So I've convinced myself that LO will be somewhere in the middle.

• I actually worry that she will be two small. I have two vessell cord and I guess growth restriction is a concern with that.
  • I wonder just how big they will be. I was 8lbs 5 oz two weeks EARLY, DH was 9lbs 4oz one week early. Lord help me! 
  • I'm worried this one is going to be bigger then my first one was. I had my daughter 3 weeks early and she was 8 lbs., I was 10 lbs. when I was born. So I'm hoping for another 8 lb. baby 3 weeks early.
    imageimage
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We were both around 7 so I'm crossing my fingers.  My brother was 9lb11oz though, so we'll see. 
  • Before the complications, I figured my LO would be 9lb or over. I've been measuring big, but I was excited and wanted a big baby (I know, I'm crazy). I was 9lb 3 oz when I was born, and it took my mom a whoppy 2 hours to delivery me from the time she had her first contraction. So having a big baby really doesn't scare me. Now, I'm hoping I make it past 34 weeks, and he's at least 5lb or more by then so he's a good healthy weight and hopefully doesn't have a long nicu stay...
  • I sure do! I was 6.5lb and DH was 8lb....sooo I'm hoping for an average of the two somewhere in the low 7lb range. We'll see though. Seems like a lot of times boys are bigger, so I'm fully preparing myself for an 8 pounder!
  • I was slightly less than 6 lbs (5 lb 14 oz) full term, and I think my husband was about average.  No clue as to what our little girl will weigh.  Smile
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersimage
  • No.  Babies typically don't grow larger than the mother can push out.  I realize there are sometimes exceptions to this.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • I have a feeling my baby will be big. I was 8lbs 12oz and DH was 10lb 12oz. My mom had all 8 or 9lb babies so that is kind of what I am expecting. I don't care if she is big or not, as long as she is healthy.
  • I thought she'd be smaller (6-7 lbs) but she's been measuring big! Welp!
  • I worry some but not too much. DD was 9 lbs 15oz and so I fear that #2 will be just as monsterous, but I also think oh well, they were able to get her out so I'll be ok.
  • You'd be surprised.  I was an 8.5 lb baby and I had gd while pregnant with DD.  I expected a HUGE baby.  She came out 7 lb 4 oz, and not  huge at all. 
  • Would be completely & totally shocked if I had a baby over 7lbs.  DH & all his siblings were under 7lbs.  I was 5lbs 4oz.  DD was 5lbs 6oz.  I keep saying this time I'm going to breed a MASSIVE baby, but in reality, we're probably looking < 7.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm hoping for somewhere around 8 lbs. DH was a 10 lb baby, and I was just under 8, so I'm not going to worry about it too hard.

• Ds was 7 lbs 4 oz but, dh was 10 lbs so, I am just hoping for somewhere around 8 lbs.  That would be really nice.  If LO is bigger, I guess I'll have to deal but, I know I could push out an 8 lb baby.  I'm worried about pushing out a big baby and ending up with a c-section, not my first choice. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am afraid to buy any newborn size clothes because I have a strong feeling I will be having a large baby! I also hesitate to buy newborn size diapers too. Considering I was 9lb.11oz. @ birth, having a big baby is not unreasonable, although I would prefer baby not meet/exceed mommy's size! We will just have to leave it to fate!!
  • I WAS expecting her to be somewhere in the 6lb-7lb range...DS was 6lbs 8oz, I was 7lbs 11oz, and DH was 6lbs 3oz. But now, I have a feeling she's going to be closer to 8lbs...but I have to have another c-section so her size isn't much of a concern =)
  • DD was 9 lbs 2 oz and born 10 days late. DH was 10 1/2 lbs, and his brother was 8 1/2 lbs. I pretty much expect at this point not to have a baby under 8 lbs.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • I have small babies (see siggy) so a 7 lb baby would be nice for me!
    Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • I was 6 lbs 12 oz and DH was 10lbs....DD was 7lbs 10 oz...we will see with this one.
    Brandi dd - Emma Rose - 6.24.06 dd - Alexis Grace - 09.03.10 Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My first was 7lbs 6oz I'm hoping for around that or maybe a little smaller. It did take an hour and a half to push him out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"