3rd Trimester
Options

Those sick of the calls and texts

So, I have been pondering a lot this morning. Those of you sick of people calling and texting asking if the baby has come, are you posting on Facebook things like: 1 more week! or I'm 37 weeks today! or anything like that? I haven't been and no one is bothering me. Most people when I see them or talk to them have to ask when I am due because they forget. That way they are not sitting there wondering if I am in labor. My mom knows the due date but she doesn't but me because she is busy with my SIL and nephew who was born last week.

Re: Those sick of the calls and texts

• Options
    I've been posting on Facebook and haven't gotten any calls or texts...I guess my friends know that I will call/text them when it's time!! 
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I haven't been, and people have been "taking bets" on when this abby will be born since the beginning of MARCH, I'm due April 7th....I did have #1 early and have passed that point with this baby so maybe thats why ppl keep asking me, but I'm really getting annoyed...everyday I walk into work or daycare they all say " We were hoping we wouldn't see you today!!" Or " are you still here?".........there is still 2wks and some days before my EDD.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagegypsywitch:
    I haven't been, and people have been "taking bets" on when this abby will be born since the beginning of MARCH, I'm due April 7th....I did have #1 early and have passed that point with this baby so maybe thats why ppl keep asking me, but I'm really getting annoyed...everyday I walk into work or daycare they all say " We were hoping we wouldn't see you today!!" Or " are you still here?".........there is still 2wks and some days before my EDD.

People are weird. If someone were to say to me "We were hoping we wouldn't see you today" I would say, "oh, good, cause I'd rather be home. See ya!" 

• Options

I haven't posted anything on FB about being PG.  And when friends leave comments about it, I usually delete it. I had a friend who posted during the last few weeks and people drove her crazy, so I learned from her mistake :) Plus, I don't want all my "friends" to be all up in my business. 

PS- to the OP, you and I are in the same boat!  My sis just had her baby a week and a half ago so my mom is loving her new role as gramma

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Options
    People have been bugging DH , but not me. They don't want to bother me, but they want to know.
  • Options

imagechelsearosehicks:
    So, I have been pondering a lot this morning. Those of you sick of people calling and texting asking if the baby has come, are you posting on Facebook things like: 1 more week! or I'm 37 weeks today! or anything like that? .

This is an AWESOME question.

My family and I speak daily so the questions from them don't bother me. Ok, the stupid questions bother me like....what if you don't know that you are having contractions? I am not bothered by freinds asking either. I find it sweet that they are concerned for me. I post on FB what I am doing but mostly it is to annoy my friends who are working.

I write things like - lounging on the sofa, sipping my coffee and watching (whatever tv show). Hope you are having a GREAT day working! Suckers.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I specifically post on facebook so I don't get the calls and texts. It's the best way to tell all of our friends who want to know without having to text/call each of them. 
  • Options

imagesilvertiles:
    I specifically post on facebook so I don't get the calls and texts. It's the best way to tell all of our friends who want to know without having to text/call each of them. 

Ditto. I randomly will put "X" number of days or how far a long I am. I also have some baby belly pics up and ppl enjoy looking and commenting.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"