Babies: 3 - 6 Months

I am going to break the FFC rule here

Ok not being able to flame some of these FFCs is a difficult task. I may go against the rules because some of the posts in the thread below are not only compeltely flame-worthy but just plain sad and ridiculous. The one where the girl said she lets her LO zone out to the TV while she goes out to smoke made me want to cry.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I am going to break the FFC rule here

• I totally agree. Totally.
  • Thank you!!! I can't believe that people were ignoring that!!!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • You are both despicable, that's what the FFFC is for. She was venting something that she's probably not proud of. Get over yourselves!
  • IMO a FFC is something like "I ate pizza for breakfast," or "I hid the remote from DH last night." NOT something that is a serious issue that will affect your LO!!! Just because the title is FFC doesn't make it ok AT ALL.
  • I think that I'd be a little more upset over the fact that she lives with someone she suspects of using drugs more than the smoking.  If someone were in my house, and I had the slightest thought, they'd be out.  No evidence needed, I don't want to chance that with my LO.
  • imageMandy613:
    You are both despicable, that's what the FFFC is for. She was venting something that she's probably not proud of. Get over yourselves!

They are "despicable" because they think that is wrong?  I don't know if she was saying she's not proud of it.  She was saying she did it.

• sgrlsgrl member

imagejhenry1204:
    I think that I'd be a little more upset over the fact that she lives with someone she suspects of using drugs more than the smoking.  If someone were in my house, and I had the slightest thought, they'd be out.  No evidence needed, I don't want to chance that with my LO.

I wasn't sure when I read that if she was searching for them because she was worried that the housemate was taking them, or searching for them because SHE wanted them!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejhenry1204:
    I think that I'd be a little more upset over the fact that she lives with someone she suspects of using drugs more than the smoking.  If someone were in my house, and I had the slightest thought, they'd be out.  No evidence needed, I don't want to chance that with my LO.

ITA!!! I think of the situations these babies are in and it overwhelms me. ::Goes back to my own life::

• imagejhenry1204:

This. 

I don't think smoking makes you a terrible parent. I wish all parents would quit, but it can be a terrible addiction for some people.

Annelise 3.22.2007 Norah 10.24.2009 Amelia 8.7.2011
  • imageMandy613:
    You are both despicable, that's what the FFFC is for. She was venting something that she's probably not proud of. Get over yourselves!

Are you serious??? We are despicable because we are concerned with the well being of a helpless baby? I don't give a crap if it is supposed to be "flame free", that post is sickening!

ETA: It wasn't JUST the smoking part that was alarming!

• imagesgrl:

LMAO

• PP (Mandy).. If I put "I ignore my child and let him scream instead of comforting him" but because it was FFFC you'd let it go? I doubt it. Even in FFFC, some things are flameworthy. Just a fact.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    http://i41.tinypic.com/111ov4j.jpg
    2007-Sept 2008: TTC the old fashioned way
    Sept 2008 - Jan 2009: Clomid 100mg
    Feb 2009: 200mg Clomid = BFP! on March 20, 2009 - It's a BOY!
    Nov 26th 2009: Aidan Michael, 20.5" 7lb12oz
    Feb 2010: Start TTC again, the old fashioned way
    Mar - June 2011: Clomid 100mg
    July 2011: Unmedicated cycle = BFP! on August 29th, 2011
    Nov 6th 2011: m/c due to subchorionic hematoma
    Dec 2011: Start TTC again, unmedicated
    February 12th, 2012: BFP! EDD 10/23/12
    Mar 12th 2012: diagnosed as blighted ovum
    Trying again..
  • i agree 100% it made me really sad and angry for her LO.
    Little E born 12.10.09 Little A born 04.19.12
  • Well being!!! Get off your high horse! I put it in the other post too... I let my kid play in his exersaucer to get laundry done, call CPI! So that child is forever damaged because he watches the shiny lights on the tv for a smoke break. You may not agree with it, but she's not raising your kid!
  • imageMandy613:
    Well being!!! Get off your high horse! I put it in the other post too... I let my kid play in his exersaucer to get laundry done, call CPI! So that child is forever damaged because he watches the shiny lights on the tv for a smoke break. You may not agree with it, but she's not raising your kid!

Are you even reading the replies?? IT WASN'T JUST ABOUT THE SMOKING.

• WOW!! that's all I can say!

• imagecskogsberg:
    Ok not being able to flame some of these FFCs is a difficult task. I may go against the rules because some of the posts in the thread below are not only compeltely flame-worthy but just plain sad and ridiculous. The one where the girl said she lets her LO zone out to the TV while she goes out to smoke made me want to cry.

Really?  Cry?

• imagebutterfly1979:

imageMandy613:
    Well being!!! Get off your high horse! I put it in the other post too... I let my kid play in his exersaucer to get laundry done, call CPI! So that child is forever damaged because he watches the shiny lights on the tv for a smoke break. You may not agree with it, but she's not raising your kid!

Are you even reading the replies?? IT WASN'T JUST ABOUT THE SMOKING.

Exactly. The entire situation was flame-worthy, as are many of the FFC posts I see. Maybe these people should feel free to air their dirty laundry, but I feel free to judge it when it's out there.

• imagenicolebuchalla:
    PP (Mandy).. If I put "I ignore my child and let him scream instead of comforting him" but because it was FFFC you'd let it go? I doubt it. Even in FFFC, some things are flameworthy. Just a fact.

There are certain situations that need to be flammed.  It's like saying "No Offense"  if you are going to say something offensive, saying "No Offense" is not going to make it LESS OFFENSIVE. 

• Personally I think that anyone who is flaming specifically the smoking part is being really overdramatic and judgemental.

Like I said int he other post....sometimes I need to pee, or take a shower, or eat a grilled cheese sandwich, or call my grandmother, or get the mail, or whatever, and she gets to zone for a few minutes.  I cannot be attentive 24 hours a day, none of us are, that doesn't mean we are bad parents or that our kids are at risk.  So ridiculous.

• I agree the the post is flameworthy but not so much about putting LO down so she could have a smoke break.  I am 100% against smoking but that is just my opinion and I don't think that makes her a bad mom.  The other issues in the post were more concerning for sure.

• imageMandy613:

umm this

imageimage
  • imageSeaStar430:

Personally I think that anyone who is flaming specifically the smoking part is being really overdramatic and judgemental.

Like I said int he other post....sometimes I need to pee, or take a shower, or eat a grilled cheese sandwich, or call my grandmother, or get the mail, or whatever, and she gets to zone for a few minutes.  I cannot be attentive 24 hours a day, none of us are, that doesn't mean we are bad parents or that our kids are at risk.  So ridiculous.

Yes 

• When I read everything she posted (her roommate appears to be a druggie, she flirted with someone to get a free tattoo), taking a smoke break seemed to be the least offensive thing. 

Everything put together just seemed very trashy to me.  I was more concerned that she has her LO around someone she feels must do drugs.  Why else would she consistently search this person's vehicle and room?

• imagejhenry1204:

There are certain situations that need to be flammed.  It's like saying "No Offense"  if you are going to say something offensive, saying "No Offense" is not going to make it LESS OFFENSIVE. 

Completely unrelated but this makes me think of Talladega Nights where he thinks that saying "with all due respect" makes it completely ok.

• imagesgrl:

imagejhenry1204:

I wasn't sure when I read that if she was searching for them because she was worried that the housemate was taking them, or searching for them because SHE wanted them!

I was wondering the same thing!

• Flame free confessions are not a way to escape judgment and condemnation.

If you are doing something dangerous or stupid, you should expect to have your _ass handed to you, whether it's Tuesday or Friday.

Oh...  and Unpopular Opinions are rarely unpopular.  Just throwing that out there.

• I almost think it's cute that people still cling to this belief that there are any flame-free things on here.  Call it "FF" all you want, but if it bugs someone, they're going to comment on it.  And why shouldn't they? 

If you don't want flames about something you're doing, don't tell people on the internet.

• imagecskogsberg:
    IMO a FFC is something like "I ate pizza for breakfast," or "I hid the remote from DH last night." NOT something that is a serious issue that will affect your LO!!! Just because the title is FFC doesn't make it ok AT ALL.

I could not agree more. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"