Babies: 3 - 6 Months

At what point did you try sleep training? Which method has worked for you?

I swore I didnt want to do CIO or any other version of it but now I am rethinking things....DS is a good sleeper once he is asleep but getting him down is becoming harder and harder. 

We used to rock him and in 10 minutes or less he would be out but now he is starting to fuss and fight it..tonight he was arching his back and he is just getting too big for me to be able to hold him through it!  

I am reading the No Cry nap/sleep solution now and starting to try their suggestion about rocking him till drowsy and then putitng him down and decreasing the time each night till no more rocking is needed...hope it works!  I also follow a lot of the Baby Whisperer advice and took out the Ferber book from the library today......

What sleep training method has worked for you and are you glad you tried it? Im really afraid I wont be able to stick to it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: At what point did you try sleep training? Which method has worked for you?

• 9 weeks, Babywise, loved it!
  • LI444LI444 member
    We used the Sleepeasy Solution right at five months, because he was still getting up two to three times at night and fighting being put down.  Within a week he was STTN and going to sleep with only a minute of fussing.  The book suggests not using the method while they are actually cutting a tooth or sick though, so while he is still mostly STTN, he's being rocked/nursed to sleep again.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I wrote a post on sleep here:https://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/29470977.aspx

It still works for us. When we deswaddle in a couple weeks, we will be using CIO.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Following his cues. He has set himself a bed time and if it's around that time and he is fussy we put him down on our bed and give him his snuggly. The fan is on and the lights are out, he plays with his snuggle for a few minutes, talks to his bear, then drifts off to sleep. Once he is really out we move him to his crib. We will be starting this process in his crib next month. I know we are lucky but we just randomly tried it one day and it worked.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We tried Ferber just 2 weeks ago (so he was 4 1/2 mo old).  It worked great.  He was always easy to put to sleep but has trouble STAYING asleep.  The first 3 nights were tough.....but then it was WONDERFUL!  He very rarely cries at all throughout the night.  When he does - we don't mind rocking him for a minute b/c it doesn't mess up the training - he's already trained.

The first night he cried for 45 min (we went in periodically - longer & longer between each).  But the following 3-4 nights he never even cried!!! 

Can't tell you how happy i am that i have more than a few hours of consecutive sleep.  it's also nice knowing once i put him down at 7 or 8pm I have time to myself.  Good luck

• The Baby Sleep Solution by Suzy Giordano...6 weeks...she was STTN, but then got RSV, and we took some steps back.  She has started STTN again since I started the method again.  Basically it is a limited cry, and gradual elimination of night feedings and working towards 12 hours of sleep/quiet time in crib at night.  I am a believer!

BabyFetus Ticker
    Our family is growing by two feet and we couldn't be happier!  
    BFP 6/12/14, EDD 2/20/15

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Kylee Elizabeth 11/19/09
    Shane Edward 8/18/06

Married the love of my life 1/7/06

• imageumbcpt:
    The Baby Sleep Solution by Suzy Giordano...6 weeks...she was STTN, but then got RSV, and we took some steps back.  She has started STTN again since I started the method again.  Basically it is a limited cry, and gradual elimination of night feedings and working towards 12 hours of sleep/quiet time in crib at night.  I am a believer!
    does it entail any crying? I'm in the same boat and DD gets even more worked up if I let her cry for a bit. It's impossible to console her.
  • The Sleepeasy Solution. We had problems with DS never napping anywhere except with DH or I, and always fell asleep by nursing. we started this week. DS has napped in his crib all week, and can now put himself to sleep!
  • imageRBC:
    imageumbcpt:
    The Baby Sleep Solution by Suzy Giordano...6 weeks...she was STTN, but then got RSV, and we took some steps back.  She has started STTN again since I started the method again.  Basically it is a limited cry, and gradual elimination of night feedings and working towards 12 hours of sleep/quiet time in crib at night.  I am a believer!
    does it entail any crying? I'm in the same boat and DD gets even more worked up if I let her cry for a bit. It's impossible to console her.
  • imageRBC:
    imageumbcpt:
  • Oops.  Technical difficulty.  I also use Suzy Giordano's method and it does not entail crying.  It really works, but you have to be careful to stay on schedule.  I was lax last week and shouldn't have been because it set me back. 

• imageRBC:
    imageumbcpt:

It doesn't entail any crying at night, just some crying if your LO has a hard time when placed in their crib initially.  It gives you a 'tool box' to assist with calming LO, if they have a hard time getting themselves to go to sleep on their own, but it doesn't recommend crying for any more than 3-5 minutes.  On night wakings...it is never a cry, the key is actually having the milk ready to go, and getting to LO before they are fulling awake, so it could be compared to a dreamfeed sort of...plus the book is an easy read, can be read cover to cover in less than two hours!  GL!

BabyFetus Ticker
    Our family is growing by two feet and we couldn't be happier!  
    BFP 6/12/14, EDD 2/20/15

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Kylee Elizabeth 11/19/09
    Shane Edward 8/18/06

Married the love of my life 1/7/06

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"