1st Trimester

Maternity Pants??

I'm considering buying some maternity pants already!   I swore I wouldn't yet, but I'm so bloated that I just want to wear sweat pants all day long because my jeans are too snug.  The stretchy waist bands of maternity pants are looking really appealing right now.   Anyone else being tempted?  

Re: Maternity Pants??

• I can promise I will be in either maternity capris or dresses by next week lol
    *~*Mommy to*~*
    BFP#1 Kaitlyn 11-17-04
    BFP #2 Matthew pPROM 23w5d 06-03-07, b/33 weeks 8-6-07, d/10-15-07 SIDS,
    BFP #3 m/c 8 weeks 2/20/09, BFP #4 m/c no hb 6w4d, m/c 9w4d, D&C 11w2d, BFP #5 C/P 12/18/09 after BFP- 9dpo
    BFP #6 Samantha- 11-9-10
    BFP #7 4/20/12 21 DPO beta: 2382 29 DPO beta: 23000! HB 6w2d 116 bpm due Christmas day!
    This Momma's Journey
    ~Today I am pregnant and I love my baby~ BabyFruit Ticker
  • I bought some around the 5 weeks mark, and let me tell you, they are fabulous.  I might never go back to regular pants, they are so comfortable.

The way I see it, there is no reason for you to be uncomfortable.  You are going to have to buy some eventually anyway, go ahead and get some now so you can get your moneys worth.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been looking online at them, cause I'm a little embarrassed to go into the store (since I don't look pregnant), but I'm on the verge of breaking down just for comfort!    

What kind did you get??   They are so darn expensive!   

• I held out as long as I could with #1 (made it to 17ish weeks). This time around, I'm just going to give in as soon as my clothes get uncomfortable. I'm still very early, so I'm guessing I've got 4-6 weeks before that wide stretchy waistband is in my wardrobe...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm sticking to my stretchy jeans for now. They are comfortable, and it makes me feel like I am still skinny even though my bloat is hanging over. Haha
  • imagebabyschiller:
    I held out as long as I could with #1 (made it to 17ish weeks). This time around, I'm just going to give in as soon as my clothes get uncomfortable. I'm still very early, so I'm guessing I've got 4-6 weeks before that wide stretchy waistband is in my wardrobe...

With my first I swear I didn't wear maternity clothes til 5 months along, maybe longer.   I swore I would do the same thing time...haha.   I don't remember the bloat being this fierce.    

• imageJulyBride_2008:

I've been looking online at them, cause I'm a little embarrassed to go into the store (since I don't look pregnant), but I'm on the verge of breaking down just for comfort!    

What kind did you get??   They are so darn expensive!   

jcpenneys has great stuff in most stores and online. usually there are sales all the time. back with DD i bought 2 pairs for 30 or something like that.  

• imageCourtneyR2N:

I bought some around the 5 weeks mark, and let me tell you, they are fabulous.  I might never go back to regular pants, they are so comfortable.

The way I see it, there is no reason for you to be uncomfortable.  You are going to have to buy some eventually anyway, go ahead and get some now so you can get your moneys worth.

exactly this! why cant all pants have elastic in the waist?!?!?! I know for sure it would end the gawd-awful muffin-top look!!!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I haven't bought any yet, but keep warning DH I'm going shopping SOON.  I've been eying something on Oldnavy.com since they come in Longs.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I bought one pair! But am seriously gonna have to buy more...Im sitting at my desk right now with my jeans unbuttoned! AHHH!!!

• So far, I bought one pair of maternity jeans- they're a little big on me now but I'm sure they will fit better in the coming months. Definitely going to go pick up some more this weekend, they are amazing! It's never too early... it's not like anyone else will even know you're wearing them so do what's comfortable!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • You should definitly go to some outlet stores if you have any in your area. I was just at the Motherhood Maternity outlet store and was able to get 2 pairs of prego jeans for $2.56. Yes 2 pairs for that!!! Outlets are amazing and since you are never going to wear them again after 9 months you dont care if you are just getting rid of them for free to your bff when its her turn!
  • I just bought my first pair about three days ago, but oh my goodness they are soooo comfy. The jeans just aren't working for me anymore. I love my maternity pants, though my husband makes fun of me for them lol. He just doesn't know how comfy they are or how they work. This is the first child for both of us.
  • I'm10w4d with my first and on the chubby side to start with. My jeans are still fitting, if I wear them for a day, but fresh out of the dryer they refuse to button.

So here's my question, when buying maternity pants, are the sizes true to what you wear in normal jeans? I was going to order some from Old Navy, but wasn't sure how to size them. 

• mine arrived yesterday :) from ON--- I recommend buying the jeans in 1 size up in order to wear them throughout first tri--- cause i swear I could wear them now and fine!!!
  • I'm glad someone else said it! I've been wanting them sooo bad but I'm only 7 weeks, so I thought it was too soon. But my jeans are just too snug! I swear I look about 4 months pregnant already :(
    and i thought i loved you then <3<a href="http://daisypath.com/">Daisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Missed Miscarriage discovered at 9w6d
    D&E 10.27.2011
    I'll love you forever Baby Speck Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageDoodleBuddy:
    mine arrived yesterday :) from ON--- I recommend buying the jeans in 1 size up in order to wear them throughout first tri--- cause i swear I could wear them now and fine!!!

Maybe because you're having twins?  I actually thing ON runs quite big, I ordered a pair of pants from there in my pre-pg size and they're huge on me.  It feels like I'm wearing pajama pants to work.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Well if it's one thing I've learned from shopping at Old Navy, it's that the same size of jeans is never sewn the same if you compare 2 different ones!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I just bought my first maternity jeans! So much comfier but I have to say I prefer the stretchy material that goes all the way up to under your bra. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"