1st Trimester

Can't get over this comment! Need to Vent!

So, I ended up telling work today (the people that matter, that is)... 1, because I feel like I am already starting to show and 2, because I am just excited that I am 12 weeks tomorrow, so think they should know.

ONe of the "higher ups,"whom I told last night and was so excited when she saw me this morning, says to me as she sees me walk in the meeting room, "You are already wearing maternity clothes?"  I had a regular top on that was empire waisted and yes, maternity pants... didn't know if she was asking a question or making a snarky comment..

I responded by saying, "yes, my pants aren't fitting me anymore." Then, I obsessed over what I should have said. Realize that absolutely no one can take away the happiness I have, but it just sucks that people have no tact whatsoever!  HMMPPPHHH!!!!

I want to go back and say something to her, but won't! What's the point? arrggghhhhh!!!

Re: Can't get over this comment! Need to Vent!

• I doubt she meant anything by it. 
  • Maybe I'm having a case of the dumb, but idgi....You told her you were pregnant the previous night and then the next day she comments (excitedly) that you're wearing maternity clothes when you were? Why does that make her tactless or snarky? I apologize if I'm missing something.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • No, it wasn't excitedly.. her tone was like, shocked? or that she couldn't believe it? 
  • I was wearing maternity pants at 8 weeks. Like you my clothes didnt fit.  WHo is someone else to comment on when a good time for you to transition into maternity clothes would be? Should you remain uncomfy in your clothes to please her?  Oh get used to it dear....people are morons...it only gets better!
  • She was probably being snarky but oh well.
    Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
    Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
    Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

• I went to the store yesterday to buy some jeans and couldn't find a single pair that would fit right on my belly, I even tried up two sizes bigger than I normally wear. I had to buy maternity pants...and I'm 6 weeks and 3 days.

This is my siggy. Love it.

• People are just rude. I have been wearing a Bella Band since I was about 8 weeks. I am not going to walk around and feel miserable with pants that are too tight on my waist.
  • its easy for us to get extremely sensitive over things regarding our pregnancy. i honestly dont think she meant anything by it. She was probably trying to make small talk and didnt know the appropriate way to do it...
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • MSC03MSC03 member
    If you were wearing normal clothes yesterday and then you announce your pregnancy and come in wearing big maternity clothes the next day, it's not that odd that she said something.
    imageimage
  • thanks to those who understand.. wasn't wearing big maternity clothes at all *it was a top from a regular store that is in style.. and never said i was wearing maternity clothes before her comment, only after.

Perhaps I am being overly sensitive with the combo of her trying to make small talk, hard to post on here the tone or look she had on her face, but oh well.

agree that I am going to be comfortable no matter what and that people are morons!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"