Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Is your LO into Yo Gabba Gabba

My Ds loves Yo Gabba Gabba!!  That's what his 2nd Birthday theme is going to be:)

Re: Is your LO into Yo Gabba Gabba

• That show scares me........I refuse to let it be on my TV. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My niece loves it ... DD doesn't watch it... I showed it to her once and never again.
  • Loading the player...
  • you mean "yo im on acid"???? DD loves it! So that means I'm down with it! It makes her happy!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yep DS LOVES them.  That is going to be the theme of DS's party as well.  I can't believe so many celebrities are into this show.  I saw Anthony Bourdain on the show the other night.
  • I don't like it so I don't turn it on and let them watch it.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • So is ours!! I'm finishing up making my invites as we speak!!
  • KGskyKGsky member

imagequeenie521:
    That show scares me........I refuse to let it be on my TV. 

LMAO. This was me a year ago.  Then I realized it was 20 minutes of uninterrupted shower time/phone talk time/ dishwashing time/ and I learned to embrace it.  Now I sing the songs and look forward to episodes re-airing that we really liked.  Yes, it's sad, I know.  I still maintain that these are the ugliest children's show characters ever created.  But the music is funky, and I dig it.

• Brody is such a little b!itch!

We love it in this family and have a few favorite episodes - "Boat" and "New Friends" come to mind.  

• DD LOVES Gabba Gabba.  It happened to be on when she was about 6 months and from then on she will actually sit still and watch a whole episode!  She could care less for any other show but this one is her favorite!  We only let her watch 1-2 episodes a day- usually during her bottle. 
  • DS is OBSESSED with YO Gabba Gabba! After the first time he watched it he was hooked! He will literally grab the remote, bring it to me/point it at the tv and say "GaGaGaGa!" It's crazy! He has probably only seen it 5 or 6 times but it's a lifesaver when I am getting ready! It is baby crack!
  • KGskyKGsky member
    We want to do a YGG theme for DD's birthday too, even though it's just ice cream and cake in our living room.  I'm not in love with the decorations I found, but we'll see.  I've always been so girly with her, but she loves her YGG.  I may have to sacrifice girly cuteness for coolness.
  • Yo Gabba Gabba was the only thing that got us through neubulizer treatments this winter. For this reason alone I love it.  The episode with Jack Black is classic : )
  • Yes, he loves it! He knows all of them by name and points them out each time we read a YGG  book or the show comes on :)

However, we refrained from having it be his 2nd birthday theme. I figure there are going to be many, many years to come where he will request his own character birthday theme. So this year I picked something different that he still loves.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • My DD loves it. We're pretty sure it will be her birthday theme.
  • My DD loves it and we are going to Yo Gabba Gabba live on Sunday!  I think I like it more than her Hmm
  • I used to be quite the Yo Gabba Gabba hater b/c I swore the creators are on acid and it would rot my son's brain.  However, it has now become a staple in our house.  He only watches about an hour of TV per day and every night at 6:30 we watch YGG to settle him down and get him ready for bedtime.  When it's over, he turns off the TV and we do bathtime and bedtime.  The show I hated has become part of our normal routine.  I still the show is weird, but he loves the music and sings along.
  • imageKGsky:

imagequeenie521:
    That show scares me........I refuse to let it be on my TV. 

LMAO. This was me a year ago.  Then I realized it was 20 minutes of uninterrupted shower time/phone talk time/ dishwashing time/ and I learned to embrace it.  Now I sing the songs and look forward to episodes re-airing that we really liked.  Yes, it's sad, I know.  I still maintain that these are the ugliest children's show characters ever created.  But the music is funky, and I dig it.

I was very anti-YGG a few months ago as well. Now I have 12 episodes on my DVR and we play them often. Smile

• imageKGsky:
    We want to do a YGG theme for DD's birthday too, even though it's just ice cream and cake in our living room.  I'm not in love with the decorations I found, but we'll see.  I've always been so girly with her, but she loves her YGG.  I may have to sacrifice girly cuteness for coolness.

We're doing a YGG garden party ala Foofa and Tootee.  I'm not getting YGG themed plates, instead I'm doing the colors in pastels and having lots of flowers and stuff around.   I just finished my invites a few days ago and they are super-girly.

I'm also getting Scarlett a Foofa t-shirt from Etsy and a tutu in the YGG colors.

Bunny 05.2008//mc 9.2009//Bubba 07.2010//mc 10.2011//
    Bloggin' It
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"