Babies: 3 - 6 Months

If you make your own baby food

Do you use the beaba cook or something similar? Or do you old school it, steaming, pureeing, etc in different utensils? I'm just wondering if the beaba is worth it, cause I'm all about convenience!

Re: If you make your own baby food

• We old school it.  It actually hasn't been too much of a hassle.  We just steam whatever in the mircrowave, then puree it.  I do like a few batches on the weekend and that lasts for the week.
  • When I first started making DD's food, I did it the old fashioned way - using the steamer, transferring it to a bowl, pureeing, ect.  My MIL bought me the Beaba and I LOVE it!  I probably wouldn't have spent the $150 on it myself, but it makes the whole process very convenient.  You steam & puree using the same bowl...which is nice, so you don't have a bunch of dirty dishes.  It does make it much easier.  If you don't mind the price, I would definitely get it!  :-)
  • Loading the player...
  • I just use our Magic Bullet, works just as good.
    TTC#1=Feb 2009: 50 mg Clomid+Ovidrel shot+Metformin+Dexamethasone+TI=BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2=July 2011: Surprise BFP: Chemical Pregnancy
  • we steam in the microwave bags and then puree in the blender. It isn't really inconvenient since the bags are disposable. I only have to wash the blender.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have the beaba babycook and am in love with it!
  • imageGreenEyedGal:
    I just use our Magic Bullet, works just as good.

this, you can steam in the cups in the microwave then puree in the same container

• We go old school. We have a dishwasher so it really isn't all that much more work just a few more dishes.
    imageimage
  • We got the Beaba as a gift and I love it!  You don't really need it if you have a microwave and food processor but it does make things super easy.
  • we use a blender.... cost $20 and works like a charm
  • We have the Beaba because I received it as a gift, and I love it! It is fast and very easy to use. That said, I do wish it made bigger batches of food. I also think it would be just as easy to steam food on the stove and then puree it in a food processor if you already own one.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"