Parenting

Britax Frontier vs. Graco Nautilus...

If you have either, do you love it/hate it and why?  I thought I was sold on the Nautilus until I read a slew of reviews about the mesh snagging and kids heads flopping forward when they sleep.  Especially in the summer, we do a lot of 3-4 hr car trips and I want to make sure DS is comfortable for more than just a quick car ride around town.

Thoughts? 

Re: Britax Frontier vs. Graco Nautilus...

• We have two of the Nautilus seats. I have't had any issues with it snagging...and I think there's even a couple colors now that aren't mesh.  About 80% of the time their head doesn't hang forward when sleeping, but occasionally, yes....but not enough to bother me/them. I really love them.  They like the  cup holder and little cubby pockets for toys/trash/snacks. 

• We have a Nautilus and we have never had a problem.  The mesh seat has not been an issue at all and my DS has only fallen asleep once in it and the head thing wasn't an issue.  My friends have them too and no one complains about them besides getting used to the crotch strap being sat on and having to dig it out from under your child.

I particularly liked the fact that the harness straps are higher on the Nautilus so they should be able to stay harnessed longer than in the Britax.

Jill * Married to Steven 11/9/03 * DS Samuel 4/4/05* DS #2 Jeffrey 6/13/2009
  • Loading the player...
  • we have the nautilus ,never have a problem with it,i love it and so does my ds!!!
  • We have the Nautilus and really like it.  I haven't had any problems with it snagging.  DS has ridden in it for a few 12 hour trips and sleeps fine.

Gavin - 12.05.06 and Molly - 10.22.08
    imageimage
    my read shelf:
    Emily's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • We have the Britax Frontier.  We really like it and have no complaints.  My DD is 3 1/2, she is 39.5 inches tall and weighs about 31 pounds.  She falls asleep in it all the time! 
  • We use the Graco Nautilus for our two boys that are 2 and 6. I haven't heard of any kind of mesh snagging. ?? I didn't realize there is mesh any where on the Nautilus. 

There is a slight recline option on the seat. My kids fall asleep in their car seats often and they don't flop forwards. 

We like the car seat so much we have 2 in each of our vehicles. Thumbs up from our family. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We moved DD from her Britax Blvd to a Nautilus about a month ago.  I think the Nautilus is a pretty good seat but I still think The Britax Frontier is better.  the Nautilus is in my car and we still have her old Blvd. in DH's car.  She won't admit that she doesn't like her new "big girl seat" but she always gets excited when we take DH's car instead of mine because I think it's more comfortable for her.  I have looked at the Frontier and it seems to have similar quality to the Blvd so I expect it to be more comfortable and easier to install.

We only bought one Nautilus because we needed one right away.  We are waiting to replace the seat in DH's car in April because the new Frontier will hit the market then--it has a higher shoulder height so our DD should be able to stay in it as a harness seat rather than as a booster for another year or two.  If you can hold out another month, I would wait for the new Frontier.

• image4Speedy:

... because the new Frontier will hit the market then--it has a higher shoulder height so our DD should be able to stay in it as a harness seat rather than as a booster for another year or two.  If you can hold out another month, I would wait for the new Frontier.

Is the "new Frontier" different from the Frontier 85 that is out now?  When I was pricing them out, it looked like the regular Frontier was on sale and the "Frontier 85" were the "new" one.  Is there another version coming out in April? 

• imagejettagurl:

We have two of the Nautilus seats. I have't had any issues with it snagging...and I think there's even a couple colors now that aren't mesh.  About 80% of the time their head doesn't hang forward when sleeping, but occasionally, yes....but not enough to bother me/them. I really love them.  They like the  cup holder and little cubby pockets for toys/trash/snacks. 

Ditto this. And if you leave the padding thing on the crotch strap it won't fall behind their butts when you put them in-at least that's what worked for me. DS loves this seat.
  • We have the Nautilus & love it!! No snagging issues.  Kids' heads can flop forward in any seat, IMO.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"