Toddlers: 24 Months+

after a nap does your 2 y/o wakeup upset or happy?

my son almost always wakes up in a terrible mood---- crying and really unhappy.

what's it like for everyone else? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: after a nap does your 2 y/o wakeup upset or happy?

• M is that way too!  I have to go out of my way to kiss her butt when she wakes up in order to avoid complete caos!
  • When she was still napping she woke up crying and inconsolable 75% of the time. ?It took her an hour to settle down. ?It was awful. ?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • dd was like that... she used to always wake up upset.. as an infant as a toddler.  

ds is the opposite... he can sit there and just kick back for a long time... we have to go up there and peek in to see if he's awake or not.. otherwise we'll forget how long he's been there. lol. 

• ds is the same wakes up cranky and i have to hold him for at least a 1/2 hour to settle him down, we usually watch sponge bob during that time and then he is ready to play again and be happy.. this is only for us during the weekend, he goes to daycare the rest of the week...
  • Mine wakes up happy as long as his nap is long enough.  Then again, he usually naps for 3 hours!  Who wouldn't feel refreshed after that?  ;-)
  • My daugher wakes up happy.
  • Crankenstein!!! She demands a snack immediately and for the few minutes it takes me to get it ready, she's flipping out. I hate it!
  • It's hit or miss.  Some days I put on Elmo's world and do not talk to her for 15 minutes, otherwise it's a complete melt down that will last forever.  She needs quiet time after nap time I guess.
    BabyFetus Ticker Blessed with a girl and boy, number 3 due 5/5/12!
  • B does the same thing, wakes up grumpy and whiney, it drives me nuts!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • DD 1 wakes up so unhappy...She usually needs to cuddle for 20-30minutes and then is happy and running around...She'd sleep all afternoon if I let her!
  • K wakes up happy- B wakes up crying and it takes him some cuddles and a snack to get his happy back!
  • It depends on how long he slept.  If it's less than 2 hours, he wakes up crying, because that's not enough sleep for him.  Two hours or more and he wakes up in a good mood.
  • Moody. I kind of leave him to stew in his grouchiness for a bit before trying to get him to do something. I think he wakes up too soon after naps and hes not ready to be up yet.

Most of the time in the morning he wakes up with a huge smile on his face and happily greets us!

• My son wakes up happy as long as he slept enough but if I have to wake him up then he's clingy. 
  • It depends on the day.  Sometimes she's happy and playful and sometimes she's a total cranky grouch. 
  • Cranky! She usually needs about 20 minutes of cuddling next to me to de-crankify.
  • as ong as her nap was long enough, she wakes up happy.  So I'd say 90% of the time she wakes happy.
  • it depends. if aidan woke up (and even now) on her own - she was happy. if we wake her up? ::twitch:: hoooooorrible mood.
    aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"