2nd Trimester

Update to my post about my dog's liquid poop.

I posted this last night:  Link

Poor little Oliver was up every 1.5 - 2 hours last night letting us know he needed too poop again - at least he was letting us know so we could take him out!

He didn't go this morning once we got up (he went tee tee 2 times though and was going out) so I thought maybe it was better.

WRONG.

I got in the shower and about 3 minutes in I got a whiff of nasty liquid poop.  As soon as I got out of the shower I went on the search (the dogs were shut in our master bedroom so it had to be there).  I could not find it. 

Finally I realized that he shot poop all over our leather couch in our sitting area.  Bonus points to his aim as he managed to not just get it on the leather but my pile of dry cleaning I was planning on dropping off this morning.  Bonus #2 for Oliver ? he waited until hubs left for work so I was stuck cleaning it up.  Mean little thing.

Oliver: 1  Momma: 0

Needless to say sick little boy is at the vet.

Re: Update to my post about my dog's liquid poop.

• poor thing. My puppies eat grass when their bellies are upset. Hope he gets better!

4-7-11 - Natural MC @ 4w5d 6-27-11- MC @ 5w6dPgAL/PAL WelcomeDD#1- 8/20/2010DD#2- 6/21/2012EDD #3~ 5/1/2014 ~ Team Green
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Aww poor dog and poor you! Hope everything is ok!
  • Loading the player...
  • Poor poop. This happened to my dog a few weeks ago too. Turns out it was just bacteria and with medication she was back to normal in a day or too.

PS- My kid my be named "oliver" like your dog. lol.

• My old dog ha this before...fortunately it cleared up after a day or so, but that was some of the worst cleanup of my life.  At least now I'm de-sensitized for diapers!
    Photobucket

Bar tab = $156,000, Bus to Foxwoods = $0, Puking in the Stanley Cup = Priceless

• Dogs are gross.

Hope he feels better soon though! Smile

Batman likes to watch cartoons on the weekends. Whatever.

"I'll gladly take cold sores over eye herpes" -ElieFin
    "Unicorn glitter gives me UTIs." -Leila'sMommy
  • Oh no. I hope he feels better soon, we had a similar situation with our dog a few weeks back, but it also included a lot of blood
  • Reilly gets an upset stomach every once and a while, it sucks :(..

The vet told us giving them plain white rice...helps also you can give them a little pepto, I mean a little  (I know weird..) over it.  But def take him to the vet though and see what they say..

I hope he feels better soon..

• Ohhhh, I hope he's ok soon!  :(
  • Poor Olie.  I hope the vet can figure out whats wrong.
  • Canned pumpkin (plain, not the spiced kind for pies) is a miracle worker when it comes to doggy tummies.  I feed my 20-pound Corgi a couple of tablespoons' worth with each meal until she's feeling better.  Oddly, it works both when she's constipated and when she's a little...runny.

Hope your dry cleaning bill isn't too extravagant :o)

• LCB34LCB34 member
    imageThumper83:

Canned pumpkin (plain, not the spiced kind for pies) is a miracle worker when it comes to doggy tummies.  I feed my 20-pound Corgi a couple of tablespoons' worth with each meal until she's feeling better.  Oddly, it works both when she's constipated and when she's a little...runny.

Hope your dry cleaning bill isn't too extravagant :o)

He has had tummy issues since we got him so we have special food we give him that is from the vet.  Unfortunately it didn't really help the situation.

I think he may need some meds.  I also didn?t want to leave him at the house all day and come home to poop everywhere ? so the vet will watch him while I work!

• when my german shepherd was like that the vet said to cook hamburger and white rice for him to eat each night. and he did get better. it must settle their stomache pretty good or something. worked for our dog though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Poor kiddo! (and you too) I hope he feels better! I am sure some fluids are in order, he must be dehydrated at this point!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"