2nd Trimester

Being pregnant on St. Patrick's day is lame.

I want to go out and do Irish Car Bombs with everyone else :(
Photobucket

Bar tab = $156,000, Bus to Foxwoods = $0, Puking in the Stanley Cup = Priceless

Re: Being pregnant on St. Patrick's day is lame.

• Yes

Just posted about this below. It's like being the only sober person in the room. It just isn't fun.

• Loading the player...
  • How about a green popsicle Smile haha just trying to lighten the mood. also being pregnant on NYE Was sucky too.

4-7-11 - Natural MC @ 4w5d 6-27-11- MC @ 5w6dPgAL/PAL WelcomeDD#1- 8/20/2010DD#2- 6/21/2012EDD #3~ 5/1/2014 ~ Team Green
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • How about a green popsicle Smile haha just trying to lighten the mood. also being pregnant on NYE Was sucky too.

4-7-11 - Natural MC @ 4w5d 6-27-11- MC @ 5w6dPgAL/PAL WelcomeDD#1- 8/20/2010DD#2- 6/21/2012EDD #3~ 5/1/2014 ~ Team Green
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • aww I hadn't thought about today until now!! :( oh well! Next year for sure!
  • Yes

Totally agree. Sucky.

• yes, O'Douls in its stupid green bottle just isn't the same
  • I was talking to DH about this last night!
  • haha. aw. I feel ya
  • :(  A coworker just asked if I was going to drink green beer today after work.  Apparently,  the bump I'm sporting didn't answer the question for her.  :sigh:

• truely sucks, to bad I'm stuck at work until 9 pm.. so I guess I dont' have to be sad about missing all the fun.
  • imageFishNchips1:
    How about a green popsicle Smile haha just trying to lighten the mood. also being pregnant on NYE Was sucky too.

NYE didn't phase me...in Boston St. Patty's is by far the #1 drinking "holiday"! 

Photobucket

Bar tab = $156,000, Bus to Foxwoods = $0, Puking in the Stanley Cup = Priceless

• Sparkling apple cider...that is my suggestion. Coming from someone who has jager running through her veins. I just pretend it's champagne or redbull lol I understand how depressing this is.
  • I want green beer! 

We're going to vegas for my gfs stagette, that is gonna suck to be preggo at too!  The things we sacrifice for our babes!

• I'm going to the pub with a bunch of friends...thankfully, half the girls I'm friends with are pregnant too. 
  • Omg no joke. I want a Blue Moon (FAVORITE beer) and Irish Car Bombs lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Mikaela is going to have a little brother! BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm totally the opposite. I don't like to drink so I see this as a blessing. No one bothers me about drinking anymore. However I miss red bull so I understand how much it sucks to watch everyone else do something when you can't.
  • I'm with ya on that one. Although, Shamrock shakes are great........ naughty but great!!
  • I don't care about missing a big drinking holiday, that was never my scene anyway.  For me the challenge was my lack of green maternity clothes!
  • I know, no green beer!!!!

But, I am looking at the bright side, no hang over tomorrow. So while everyone is having to call into work, or be slow moving, we can go be our cheerful selves and rub it in THEIR faces we feel wonderful. Sounds like a plan to me. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree, but at least we can still do shamrock shakes...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This was my inkling of alcohol on Saturday when we celebrated with friends:

https://smittenkitchen.com/2009/01/car-bomb-cupcakes/

It definitely helped and I'm making them again this weekend, possibly sans the uncooked alcohol.

But the worst part about today is that it's our anniversary and we can't split a bottle of wine!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • GUINNESS!!!!!!!!!!! I miss my beer so much. SO better not be drinking today or I will kick his ass!!!!
  • This post was extremely depressing until someone mentioned Shamrock Shakes...

• Your tittle says it all. I actually forgot it was St. Patty's day until I heard it on the radio.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • These couple of days are tough - St. Patrick's day followed by day one and two of the NCAA tournament!  Best bar days ever, IMO.  I don't necessarily mind the "not drinking" (although a Guiness or Harp would be awesome right about now), but it's just not as much fun to go to a bar to watch the games where everyone else is absolutely waaaaaaaaaasted. 
  • My husband had a beer last night and I made out with him hard afterwords because he tasted like booze. I'm bad.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Well everyone here gets to play designated driver..lol. :P

• imagemrs.kapow:

This was my inkling of alcohol on Saturday when we celebrated with friends:

https://smittenkitchen.com/2009/01/car-bomb-cupcakes/

It definitely helped and I'm making them again this weekend, possibly sans the uncooked alcohol.

But the worst part about today is that it's our anniversary and we can't split a bottle of wine!

I'm making these tonight! These cupcakes will be my only fun as I have been roped into driving everyone home tonight to make sure they get there safely....yay....

• I haven't missed alcohol at all throughout my pregnancy (which is so odd) but I'm totally craving a Guiness today!!! 
  • Yeah, I was pregnant through NYE, DH's Birthday, St. Patty's Day (and I'm Irish) and I'll be pregnant through my Birthday..all day's in which I really wish I could NOT be sober! lol...Oh well, there's always next year!
    <3 *Evan Michael* <3
    {06/15/2010 ~ 9lbs. 4oz, 22.5in.}
    <3 *Twin Angel Babies* <3
    {Said Goodbye on 08/13/2011 at 17w3d}
    No longer TTC
    *~Kisses to My Bestie Boo, ScrappyLika~*

• I want to go out too! There is a huge block party/concert downtown that is so much fun. I am not a big drinker, but going out to a party with thousands of drunk people and having to be sober is NO FUN!!!!
  • I AGREE! i just turned 19 last august, so this would have been my first ST.Patties day able to go to the bar!!! I was bummed. I wanted to lick the ice sculpture in the middle of the bar like every other drunk hooligan :( if I did it now, I'd just be the pregnant lady everyone thought was drunk
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"