Babies: 3 - 6 Months

DAAAAMN. Blair got ZINGED.

One of her real life friends called her OUT in the comments section of her blog.  It all makes a lot more sense now.

WOW.

Re: DAAAAMN. Blair got ZINGED.

• I know, right?
  • Loading the player...
  • Whats the link to her blog?  Everyone is always talking so highly of her and I've always wanted to check it out but she's never on when I am so I can't ever find it. 

Thanks.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love reading her blog.  I don't do it very often, but it is interesting.  I like her writing style.
  • I think it's just sad, for her and her family.  If it's true, I hope she will step back and take a look at it.
  • imagejhenry1204:

Whats the link to her blog?  Everyone is always talking so highly of her and I've always wanted to check it out but she's never on when I am so I can't ever find it. 

Thanks.

This!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • imageJennRN65:
    I think it's just sad, for her and her family.  If it's true, I hope she will step back and take a look at it.

Ditto.

• I thought her blog was great when she was pregnant but now it just bugs me.  I stay at home right now with DD, my husband is also home most of the time and I barely find the time to bump with all the snuggling, diaper changes, feeding and staring :)  at my child that I do.  I think the article she references hits home and stung her so she jumped to defend herself before anyone else could say, "Hey Blair, this reminds me of you".

Her PPD is a huge deal and if I had those thoughts about my child- I would shut everything off in my life until I figured it out- not run to the tattoo parlor or whore my diagnosis out to get more "pay per clicks".  I have lost all interest in her as a mother and now her blog plays much like a train wreck to me.

MY BLOG image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagewigglebee15:
    I think that post by her "friend" is sad and disgusting.  With friends like that, who needs enemies?!

I completely agree.  As her "friend," she should have had the nerve to say it (a lot more kindly) to her face.  Why would a "friend" post something like that all over the internet.  Also, if she is struggling with PPD (not saying she isn't, just haven't ever really talked to her enough to have any idea) I would really hope that her "friends" would support her.  And YES, everyone does need time to themselves regardless of how much they love their child(ren). 

• imagefinally2006:

I thought her blog was great when she was pregnant but now it just bugs me.  I stay at home right now with DD, my husband is also home most of the time and I barely find the time to bump with all the snuggling, diaper changes, feeding and staring :)  at my child that I do.  I think the article she references hits home and stung her so she jumped to defend herself before anyone else could say, "Hey Blair, this reminds me of you".

Her PPD is a huge deal and if I had those thoughts about my child- I would shut everything off in my life until I figured it out- not run to the tattoo parlor or whore my diagnosis out to get more "pay per clicks".  I have lost all interest in her as a mother and now her blog plays much like a train wreck to me.

I kept thinking the same thing.  I am a SAHM and don't even have time away from my LO to run around for hours w/ girlfriends.  I DO get out - but with other moms...WITH the babies!  She was a really funny pregnant blogger, but I've been pretty turned off too.  Since the baby was born it all rings false to me.  I was shocked that she kept blogging after the PPD thing. 

• imageMommi2B2009:

imagewigglebee15:
    I think that post by her "friend" is sad and disgusting.  With friends like that, who needs enemies?!

I completely agree.  As her "friend," she should have had the nerve to say it (a lot more kindly) to her face.  Why would a "friend" post something like that all over the internet.  Also, if she is struggling with PPD (not saying she isn't, just haven't ever really talked to her enough to have any idea) I would really hope that her "friends" would support her.  And YES, everyone does need time to themselves regardless of how much they love their child(ren). 

Her friend basically said any time someone brings it up to her she gets defensive and won't listen.  Maybe a public call-out is what she needed.  Some people listen to a tap on the shoulder, some need a brick.  It sucks, but you don't know the situation. 

• Do you know the situation?  Either way, I think this is the wrong way to go about it.  What if she really does have PPD...with a "call-out" like that, she may be afraid to discuss her feelings in the future.  What if she's having a really bad day one day, but she knows that she can't call on her friends because this is the type of thing she has to look forward to?
  • Do you know the situation?  Either way, I think this is the wrong way to go about it.  What if she really does have PPD...with a "call-out" like that, she may be afraid to discuss her feelings in the future.  What if she's having a really bad day one day, but she knows that she can't call on her friends because this is the type of thing she has to look forward to?
  • imagewigglebee15:
    imageSeaMama:
    imageMommi2B2009:

imagewigglebee15:

Her friend basically said any time someone brings it up to her she gets defensive and won't listen.  Maybe a public call-out is what she needed.  Some people listen to a tap on the shoulder, some need a brick.  It sucks, but you don't know the situation. 

I read that but I still don't find it acceptable. I think there is no reason for that.  I would stop being someone's friend before I would hide behind a fake name and bash them.  I mean isn't she doing the same thing she is fussing at Blair about....getting involved in the drama. 

I haven't followed Blairs blog.  I've heard nothing but the most highest remarks about her since I joined TB community during 2nd tri.  Then?  I never understood the hype.  Yeah, she was funny, but I never understood her following.  So checking out her blog, eh whatever, didn't tempt me (though, I have always been intrigued by WHY people are so fasinated with this Bumpie).  Now?  I just did a quick glimpse at her blog (after starting my own, I finally became intrigued enough to find out why her blog is so damn popular) and I STILL don't get it.  Honestly?  I think she's hiding behind this image that she's creating. I think she's so caught up in "Blair" that she has no idea how to fix her own life.  I also think that her friends have realized that this is the only way to get her to listen.  To call out "Blair" is to get the root of the problem.  Whoever "Blair" really is, is lost in this fantasy world.  I spend a few minutes here and there playing on TB/FB when LO is sleeping and when I just need a break from my research/studying and DH freaks on me.  The amount of time she seems to spend on it is beyond what is considered a "hobby" or a "release".  If her blog was a drug?  She'd already be in rehab.

But that's my opinion from the quick skim that I did.  She is an amazing writer, but, it seems like there's not feeling behind it.  AND I know I am going to get flammed for my opinion because there is such a following for her.  But she needs to concentrate on her family not her blog.  I feel bad for Harrison.  Especially when he reads it one day.

• imagewigglebee15:
    I just feel like it is nobody's place to judge her. We only know, what she shares.  If it is a problem for her husband, her family, or Harrison...that is something she will have to deal with at some point.  I think people deserve support.  If you don't like her blog or want a part of it...that is fine.  I just don't think it benefits anyone to receive comments like she has on her blog.  I don't believe the public "call out" would get her to listen, if nothing else has...according to her friend.  It would make most people shut down and not speak to their friends because they wouldn't know who the person is.  

True.  Very good point.  But to TB world and Blogging World, she's created some what of a "celebrity" of herself... and with that comes the good and bad.  And to be honest, I think she feeds off the negative comments.  But, again, thats jmo.  Unfortunately, when you put your life out there, as with any "public figure" you are going to see a lot of ugly along with any good.

Eh.  Over it.  LOL.  Moving on... back to studying for my Intro to Counseling test! Stick out tongue

• I dont get it, so, all of you have plenty of time (even though you say you dont) to browse the bump and read about her blog, then post about it and then probably frequent the replies to see if anyone said something more interesting then you. So she spends a little bit of time typing out a blog entry, it really doesnt take that long to do. And so she gets some time away from her baby, its not the end of the world. Her child is still being cared for. Just because she doesnt constantly cuddle her child like most of you doesnt make her less of a mom.

If you dont like her or what she does, then just dont pay attention. You all say "I dont understand the following" but your the ones who are bringing even more attention to her.

Me? I need to get back to neglecting my son.

• BAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • From SeaMama:
    I kept thinking the same thing.  I am a SAHM and don't even have time away from my LO to run around for hours w/ girlfriends.  I DO get out - but with other moms...WITH the babies!  She was a really funny pregnant blogger, but I've been pretty turned off too.  Since the baby was born it all rings false to me.  I was shocked that she kept blogging after the PPD thing.

From me:
    I stayed at home for 3.5 months.  I bumped...like a lot, but my DD napped a ton.  Now that I'm back to work, I bump when I pump.  There is no. other. time. of. the. day.  Seriously!  I can barely eat dinner.  Part of it is b/c the day is so fast.  The other part is that I miss my kid.  There's no other way to describe it.  I want to spend all my evening w/ her whether its taking a walk, bath time, stories, snuggles...you name it.  IMO, blogging and all that jazz is a waste of time.  And it sorta rubbed me the wrong way when she said the little money she gets from blogging could go towards SAH or Harrison's college OR those shoes.  Give me an effin break.  College or shoes?! Come on.

Obviously, this friend went about it the wrong way.  BUT...she did it.  Maybe it's a wake-up call and maybe it will work.

• imagejhenry1204:
    imagewigglebee15:
    imageSeaMama:
    imageMommi2B2009:

imagewigglebee15:

I read that but I still don't find it acceptable. I think there is no reason for that.  I would stop being someone's friend before I would hide behind a fake name and bash them.  I mean isn't she doing the same thing she is fussing at Blair about....getting involved in the drama. 

I haven't followed Blairs blog.  I've heard nothing but the most highest remarks about her since I joined TB community during 2nd tri.  Then?  I never understood the hype.  Yeah, she was funny, but I never understood her following.  So checking out her blog, eh whatever, didn't tempt me (though, I have always been intrigued by WHY people are so fasinated with this Bumpie).  Now?  I just did a quick glimpse at her blog (after starting my own, I finally became intrigued enough to find out why her blog is so damn popular) and I STILL don't get it.  Honestly?  I think she's hiding behind this image that she's creating. I think she's so caught up in "Blair" that she has no idea how to fix her own life.  I also think that her friends have realized that this is the only way to get her to listen.  To call out "Blair" is to get the root of the problem.  Whoever "Blair" really is, is lost in this fantasy world.  I spend a few minutes here and there playing on TB/FB when LO is sleeping and when I just need a break from my research/studying and DH freaks on me.  The amount of time she seems to spend on it is beyond what is considered a "hobby" or a "release".  If her blog was a drug?  She'd already be in rehab.

But that's my opinion from the quick skim that I did.  She is an amazing writer, but, it seems like there's not feeling behind it.  AND I know I am going to get flammed for my opinion because there is such a following for her.  But she needs to concentrate on her family not her blog.  I feel bad for Harrison.  Especially when he reads it one day.

tHIS.  I used to love Blair's blog. I loved her writing, I loved her stories, I loved her style.  Then things starting seeming not right.  I totally think that "Blair" is some fantasy person that she has made up.  Someone she wishes she could be.  What her friend says makes total sense.  She wants to live this life on her blog becuase she really isn't that into being a mom. This "Blair" is a great escape and cover it.

And while I blog, I don't do it when DS is awake.  I do it when he naps or at night or on my lunch break.  I think she has become obsessed with Blair and being #1 in the Mommy Blog World.

This is nothing against Blair.  She seems like a decent person, I just think her friend is right on.

• I am surprised you all care so much. So what if her real life "friend" has qualms about her internet use. Not for us to judge as we don't   know her IRL.

someecards.com - I support Newt Gingrich's idea of colonizing the moon if it'll help me get away from Newt Gingrich.

My baby is two!!! Baby girl 9/17/09

My other baby is still a baby! Baby Boy 11-30-11

• imagehaleymay18:

I am surprised you all care so much. So what if her real life "friend" has qualms about her internet use. Not for us to judge as we don't   know her IRL.

I cant seem to find what everyone is talking about on her blog, but I find it weird how one person saying something makes it 100% fact over the internet. As I type this, Mason is awake...Im a terrible mom and I never pay attention to my son. I need to just quit bumping and love him.....sheesh Confused

• You are a real piece of work for starting this post ... you know?
  • Maybe all of what her supposed "friend" wrote is true but you look spiteful and jealous posting a thread about it.
  • imageMrsBatty:
    You are a real piece of work for starting this post ... you know?

Agreed. Then again maybe she's still bitter about the beachhouse. Confused

• surprising how 'non-judgemental' we should be but all have opinions on the matter.

I've seen 'Blair' develop over the years, she was so obsessed with her 'baby crack', her unfortunate loss, her little blessing finally getting here --I thought for sure having a baby she would be in her element. Sad to find out that she is having such a hard time of it.

I have to question, why add a part time job to it all?  If she needs the outlet, she should journal privately where no one is free to opine.

furthermore she is never vigilant of her opinions, even prior to her ppd she was quite brutal to a lot of bumpies. I don't see why anyone should hold their tongue.

• imagePumpmaster T:
    BAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOLZ

• imageMrsBatty:

Seriously?? Look who's talking.  All you do is start trouble and judge people.  This is a message board, she has every right to post this.  Especially when a lot of people on here read her blog daily.

• The fact that some of you are taking this opportunity to laugh at Blair is disgusting.

T-I would take a long hard look in the mirror because if what was said about Blair is true, the same can be applied to you. 

• hmm- i have a feeling that if blair came to this board right now & made a post, 95% of you could be found in said post kissing her ass & apologizing

and again- 95% of you only have the balls to say what you're saying because someone else said it first- you'd never be caught dead saying this "alone"

none of us "know blair" in real life- none of us watch her mother her child or love her husband- none of us have any right to judge on something that is so very real to her- because we simply do. not. know.

• imaget.bird:

hmm- i have a feeling that if blair came to this board right now & made a post, 95% of you could be found in said post kissing her ass & apologizing

and again- 95% of you only have the balls to say what you're saying because someone else said it first- you'd never be caught dead saying this "alone"

none of us "know blair" in real life- none of us watch her mother her child or love her husband- none of us have any right to judge on something that is so very real to her- because we simply do. not. know.

Yes

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    http://i41.tinypic.com/111ov4j.jpg
    2007-Sept 2008: TTC the old fashioned way
    Sept 2008 - Jan 2009: Clomid 100mg
    Feb 2009: 200mg Clomid = BFP! on March 20, 2009 - It's a BOY!
    Nov 26th 2009: Aidan Michael, 20.5" 7lb12oz
    Feb 2010: Start TTC again, the old fashioned way
    Mar - June 2011: Clomid 100mg
    July 2011: Unmedicated cycle = BFP! on August 29th, 2011
    Nov 6th 2011: m/c due to subchorionic hematoma
    Dec 2011: Start TTC again, unmedicated
    February 12th, 2012: BFP! EDD 10/23/12
    Mar 12th 2012: diagnosed as blighted ovum
    Trying again..
  • imaget.bird:

hmm- i have a feeling that if blair came to this board right now & made a post, 95% of you could be found in said post kissing her ass & apologizing

I agree with you.  But I think that "friend" post made a lot of people wonder or made some people who were questioning her, question even more.  That's all.  We should not judge we don't know her.  But that's what people do.

• imagejhenry1204:
    imagewigglebee15:
    imageSeaMama:
    imageMommi2B2009:

imagewigglebee15:

Yeah.  This.  She's a good writer but is obssessed with being THE blog and way too wrapped up in the Blair image.  And as for judging...well I blog and I have it linked to facebook.  I have close to 20 followers on the blog and almost 100 on facebook.  Not for a second are they or me providing them entertainment more important than my kids or my husband or my duties as a housewife and if you follow me, you know that somedays are dead and sometimes pages dont get changed for a week or so...so as someone who only blogs when I have a few minutes of "me time" I feel just fine about judging someone who spends so much time away on the computer and is so nasty about it when people try to talk to her, that her friends think they have to call her out online.  Is that the right way to handle it-hell no!  Honestly, if her friends cant talk to her about it without her getting nasty to them-maybe they should re-evaluate their friendship.

accordingtoabby.com" "From of suffering emerges the strongest souls. The most massive characters are seared with scars." Kahlil Gibran
  • imagemrs.n22:

imageMrsBatty:

Seriously?? Look who's talking.  All you do is start trouble and judge people.

The fact that you are serious with this comment literally makes me LOL. Thanks for laugh IHH.

• Soap1Soap1 member

Her blog is definitely one of the regular ones I read.  I agree with most of what everyone has said.  I don't think it's necessarily right to judge her, but she does put it all out there for us...

I felt like her post about that article was really defensive.  Like a pp said, she wanted to get out there and defend herself before someone said, "Hey, Blair, this sounds like you." 

It bothered me that she called blogging her second job.  Wait, so her 9-5 is her first job, and her blog is her second job?  When does mothering come in?  I don't know - that just kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

I don't think it's wrong to blog or to Bump - I do both (even when he's *gasp* awake!) and I don't think I neglect my baby.  But she does seem very into her "brand" and her online persona.  It feels like she has become Blair rather than whoever she is IRL. 

Obv I don't know her and don't know the situation, but that's just my take on it.

• Oh my effing Gawd. Why is this being discussed at length here??? She's got a blog like millions of us do. She puts what she wants out there and she has readers. Both loyal readers and both haters. If a real friend called her out- then she can take that up with them. Why are we discussing the "hype" of blair here on the bump?

You can like her or not but how would you feel if you logged on to the bump and people were calling you overrated and a bunch of other stuff? Leave it alone and go back to regular scheduled stupidity.

Quick, someone ask a dumb question.

• imaget.bird:

BUT... the fact that she documents her personal life to us on a daily basis does kinda give us the right to think what we want. We actually do get to watch her because she puts herself out ther e.v.e.r.y.d.a.y. We all the right to "judge" doesn't mean it right or wrong?

• Okay, I don't usually get involved or comment. I used to read some things Blair posted on TB, & have only read her blog from this post.

Everybody's got their panties in a twist over blogging/bumping instead of spending time with your kid. But I feel like the focus of the comments were more on the PPD. I've known some people with PPD, it is a very real thing. And generally, people want to get healthier, feel better, & bond with their child. And sometimes, that means prioritizing what you do with your time, in "Blair"'s case, her online persona.

Blair reminds me of that cool, popular girl in high school that everybody wants to be friends with because everybody else is. But once you have the chance to know that girl a little bit better, you realize you were way cooler than her to start with & wonder why you followed them so closely to begin with.

Just sayin'.

• imaget.bird:

This this this.

Also, the only reason many of you posting on here are only doing so because Blair isn't on anymore. How about ya'll quit worrying about what Blair is or isn't doing and go back worrying about your own life.

• imaget.bird:

This this this.

Also, the only reason many of you posting on here are only doing so because Blair isn't on anymore. How about ya'll quit worrying about what Blair is or isn't doing and go back to worrying about your own life.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"