3rd Trimester

Anyone leak amniotic fluid?

I have had more wetness lately-but no gushing... and slightly different smell.  I have been a bit dehydrated so I drank more and I swear only like 1/4 of the water  I drank today came back out... so something is sucking it all up.

I don't have any more contractions than usual and baby is moving pretty normally, so I'm not freaking out-but I guess I want to ensure that I'm not missing a leak here-just feels and smells a bit odd...? 

Re: Anyone leak amniotic fluid?

• imageOohLaLaLaLa:

I have had more wetness lately-but no gushing... and slightly different smell.  I have been a bit dehydrated so I drank more and I swear only like 1/4 of the water  I drank today came back out... so something is sucking it all up.

I don't have any more contractions than usual and baby is moving pretty normally, so I'm not freaking out-but I guess I want to ensure that I'm not missing a leak here-just feels and smells a bit odd...? 

This! I have the same problem and am curious to hear what people have to say. 

• Yep, I'm a leaker, for 4 weeks and 4 days now!

I could tell it was clear, didn't smell like urine, kinda a weird sweet smell, but not overpowering and after a night of going through 3 pair of pjs and underware, I knew more of something was coming out of me than should be.  This was at 25 w 5 d for me.  I went to L&D and they tested it and it was amnionic fluid.

It wasn't all gusing out by anymeans but there wasn't anyway I could stop what was coming out.

If you have more questions about it let me know, I'll be around all night....this is what I do with my evenings since I've been stuck in the hospital since I started leaking!

• Loading the player...
  • imageourkybaby:

Yep, I'm a leaker, for 4 weeks and 4 days now!

I could tell it was clear, didn't smell like urine, kinda a weird sweet smell, but not overpowering and after a night of going through 3 pair of pjs and underware, I knew more of something was coming out of me than should be.  This was at 25 w 5 d for me.  I went to L&D and they tested it and it was amnionic fluid.

It wasn't all gusing out by anymeans but there wasn't anyway I could stop what was coming out.

If you have more questions about it let me know, I'll be around all night....this is what I do with my evenings since I've been stuck in the hospital since I started leaking!

Oh God you poor thing! Was the leaking clear or colorless? 

•  

"Oh God you poor thing! Was the leaking clear or colorless?  "

Thanks, I'm making it but very glad to have an induction date in view now!

It's clear, just like water, so in a pad, you don't see anything but wetness...it can have a slight yellow tinge, but mines been pretty much clear and smells nothing like urine.  Seriously, it's like water, not thick or gooey, just very liquid like water. 

• How much was it? I thought I was just sweating a lot today but it smells sort of musky (sorry I know that's gross haha) and every time I go to pee there's clear spots in my underwear. I'm so confused!
  • imageourkybaby:

Thanks, I'm making it but very glad to have an induction date in view now!

It's clear, just like water, so in a pad, you don't see anything but wetness...it can have a slight yellow tinge, but mines been pretty much clear and smells nothing like urine.  Seriously, it's like water, not thick or gooey, just very liquid like water. 

This is helpful-thanks!  Mine has had a bit more thickness to it-not total watery and not soaking through sets of liners in a night.

Anyone know about brown?  I get it every night these days...?  I have all my contractions at night and in the am there's some brown..? 

• imageKLTMommy:
    How much was it? I thought I was just sweating a lot today but it smells sort of musky (sorry I know that's gross haha) and every time I go to pee there's clear spots in my underwear. I'm so confused!

Well for me it was enough to be going through a panty liner, onto my underware and pj's, so it wasn't getting onto my sheets, but I could feel it and get up and change.

I wouldn't classify it as musky, more of no smell to slighlty sweet.

Some leaking of "stuff" is normal, but this was obviously more than what you would think should be coming out and it typically was worse if you were standing or walking.

If you aren't soaking through your underware, you are probably ok, but a trip to L&D can test or some people say there's some kind of panty liners that will turn colors if it is amnionic fluid, but I didn't hear about those until I was here and have no clue where to find them.

• I've had this the past two days.  I have my scheduled OB appt. tomorrow, so I haven't called because there hasn't been a gush or anything. 

But like pp said, I thought I was just sweating at first, but the smell is different and it is watery.  I hope I don't get put on bedrest or anything...

• imagedanalynnrd:

I've had this the past two days.  I have my scheduled OB appt. tomorrow, so I haven't called because there hasn't been a gush or anything. 

But like pp said, I thought I was just sweating at first, but the smell is different and it is watery.  I hope I don't get put on bedrest or anything...

Please keep us posted on what your Dr. says. Mine has just started as well and it isn't leaking terribly just enough to notice. 

• imagedanalynnrd:

I've had this the past two days.  I have my scheduled OB appt. tomorrow, so I haven't called because there hasn't been a gush or anything. 

Only about 5-6% of people start leaking early, or so my Dr's tell me....lucky me! 

Most of the time it's just discharge when they do the test and I hope that's what you find out....but be prepared I don't want to alarm you but if it is fluid, you will more than likely be sent to the hospital which was a total shock to me, and they aren't letting me leave until she is born. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"