3rd Trimester

Castor Oil

About to try it. Any advice from those who've tried it?

Re: Castor Oil

• I am pregnant with my first, but a lot of ladies I know have used this method and had it work wonderfully. It is terrible stuff though, so plug your nose!! Good luck!
  • Honestly for some it has worked and what it does it cleans out your system so you get stomach contractions and those can sometimes kick start your real contractions. At the same time you can get MAJOR diarrhea and just get dehydrated and at the end of the day just have nothing left in you! lol I would talk to your doctor about it and only use it if you are facing induction. If you do try it I have heard it's best to make a milkshake out of it and also make SURE you are staying super hydrated because either way you do not need to be dehydrated especially if you go into labor! Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageanabell0920:
    Honestly for some it has worked and what it does it cleans out your system so you get stomach contractions and those can sometimes kick start your real contractions. At the same time you can get MAJOR diarrhea and just get dehydrated and at the end of the day just have nothing left in you! lol I would talk to your doctor about it and only use it if you are facing induction. If you do try it I have heard it's best to make a milkshake out of it and also make SURE you are staying super hydrated because either way you do not need to be dehydrated especially if you go into labor! Good luck!

I am facing possible medical induction and I know all the side effects :) Thanks for the good luck. I was more looking for recipes to get it down! Lol 

• I've heard to mix it with orange juice. If I were to try it though, I would probably mix it in a fruit smoothie.
  • So...I mixed 2 1/2 tablespoons with about 4 oz of cherry coke. I plugged my nose and chased it with another sip of soda. It wasn't bad at all!!! Now we wait.... :D
  • ldooldoo member
    I look forward to hearing how it works for you.
  • I mixed it with iced tea (when I was pg with DD). I thought it was disgusting and I didn't even take the full dose. Unfortunately, all it did was give me diarrhea - horrible diarrhea ALL night!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageRaffes484:
    I mixed it with iced tea (when I was pg with DD). I thought it was disgusting and I didn't even take the full dose. Unfortunately, all it did was give me diarrhea - horrible diarrhea ALL night!

How much did you put in it? I've heard 1-4 tablespoons is the norm. 

• Keep us updated on how it goes. I'm curious now... I hope it works wonders

• Yes, keep us updated. If it works for you, I will seriously consider doing it.
  • UPDATE! Just had a gush of watery fluid and when I wiped it was pink! Contractions aren't painful but are coming 7-10 min apart. I'm supposed to call L&D back in an hour to let them know if any more leaking happens or anything changes. Labor dust please!!! :D
  • Wow lucky you. I am glad you are in labor. You are making me wonder if I should try the castor oil. Except knowing my luck I will just get really sick from it and baby girl still wont come.

Keep us updated. Wishing you a fast and easy delivery!

• My little lady came on the 19th, castor oil? Coincedence?
  • imageKLTMommy:
    My little lady came on the 19th, castor oil? Coincedence?

Hard to say, but congrats!  I will def be trying castor oil if I go beyond 41 weeks...

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"