1st Trimester

Still negative...

I am now 11 days late with a usually normal 29 day cycle and all BFNs. Has anyone had this happen and it resulted in a pregnancy? It is driving me crazy because I'm trying to be cautious and avoid things that I would avoid if I were pregnant. I just feel like I'm getting my hopes up. The Dr. said to call back after being 2 weeks late. Let me know if this happened to you or you've heard of anyone in this situation. Thanks!

Re: Still negative...

• Yes!! I got 4 BFNs up until 12 days past my expected AF date. My cycle is also 29 days. I thought for sure I wasn't pregnant, but with FMU I got the BFP, then took a few more to be sure. Good luck and I hope you get your BFP soon!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You could get pregnant, you probably ovulated later. But as of now, no you're not pregnant.
    Sweet Baby Samson born 11.16.10
    Darling Little Sydney born 12.22.12
    Two Babies in Heaven
    My Babe, More Precious is to Me
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ~A ridiculous amount of love to all my Golden Girls!~
  • Loading the player...
  • I am in the same boat but only 4 days late right now. I just know I am pregnant but I keep getting negatives ugh. I had to stop buying pregnancy test because if I have them in the house I am going to use them. I guess I will wait a week and try again.
  • imageBrittany FreyBox:
    I am in the same boat but only 4 days late right now. I just know I am pregnant but I keep getting negatives ugh. I had to stop buying pregnancy test because if I have them in the house I am going to use them. I guess I will wait a week and try again.

You can't know you're pregnant if you keep getting negatives. 

Two Babies in Heaven

• imagesmzsmz2008:

imageBrittany FreyBox:
    I am in the same boat but only 4 days late right now. I just know I am pregnant but I keep getting negatives ugh. I had to stop buying pregnancy test because if I have them in the house I am going to use them. I guess I will wait a week and try again.

This.  You can think you are, but until you have a positive result, it's just thoughts.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • imageBallSox:
    imagesmzsmz2008:

imageBrittany FreyBox:

This.  You can think you are, but until you have a positive result, it's just thoughts.  

You all are so insightful

• imageBrittany FreyBox:
    Ohhhhh ok

I sense sarcasm.

But if not, then I'm glad you understand.

Two Babies in Heaven

• imageBrittany FreyBox:
    imageBallSox:
    imagesmzsmz2008:

imageBrittany FreyBox:

You all are so insightful

And you must not truly understand hcg. 

Two Babies in Heaven

• imagesmzsmz2008:

imageBrittany FreyBox:
    Ohhhhh ok

I sense sarcasm.

But if not, then I'm glad you understand.

Haha maybe a bit. I clearly know that I cant know for sure until I get a positive. I am just going on my last pregnancy experience that I feel like I am pregnant. I also have an ovarian cyst that can be causing me some issues but who knows I am new to those. 

• imagesmzsmz2008:

lol.  It's a bit like the people who were dizzy at 1dpo, threw up at 3dpo and their boobs hurt at 4dpo, so they are SO OBVIOUSLY PREG-A-LICIOUS.  

He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • imageBallSox:
    imagesmzsmz2008:

lol.  It's a bit like the people who were dizzy at 1dpo, threw up at 3dpo and their boobs hurt at 4dpo, so they are SO OBVIOUSLY PREG-A-LICIOUS.  

You forgot the part where they can feel the spermie meet the eggie!

And I *heart* PREG-A-LICIOUS!

Two Babies in Heaven

• Why is this getting ugly? I just wanted to know if this was happening to anyone else and obviously it has! Thanks for the positive feedback. And I know how hcg works, but it can show up later in some people.
  • imageBrittany FreyBox:

I also have an ovarian cyst that can be causing me some issues but who knows I am new to those. 

cysts can be a ***.  I completely abstained from sex for a cycle and had some of the WORST "symptoms" I've ever had.  Symptoms so convincing, if I knew I hadn't been playing hide the pickle, I'd be banging the doctors door down looking for an answer.  Taught me to put faith in so called "symptoms".  :sighs and mentally kicks her own ovaries: 

• imageamybeth323:
    Why is this getting ugly? I just wanted to know if this was happening to anyone else and obviously it has! Thanks for the positive feedback. And I know how hcg works, but it can show up later in some people.

Nope, nope, nope. If you're pregnant enough for symptoms, you're pregnant enough to get a positive test. 

Two Babies in Heaven

• Seriously its amazing how people can become experts on things so quickly.
  • imageamybeth323:
    Why is this getting ugly? I just wanted to know if this was happening to anyone else and obviously it has! Thanks for the positive feedback. And I know how hcg works, but it can show up later in some people.
    Hmm You think this is ugly?

I predict your stay on the Bump will be short.

• imageamybeth323:

Actually, to address your OP, unless you know when you ovulated (and no, the calendar doesn't count), you can't be for sure that you're really late.  Hence the reason most doctors won't see you until you're at cycle day 60+

• imageMissNikki007:

imageamybeth323:
    Hmm You think this is ugly?

I predict your stay on the Bump will be short.

Indeed.

Two Babies in Heaven

• This thread's getting weird. 

To answer the original questions - last fall I randomly had a 57 day cycle - that's right 8 weeks.  I was sure every test I took was broken but unfortunately it wasn't.  Just a really frustrating body "fluke."  That being said I think you're right to behave as if you're preg. - you wouldn't want to do anything you would regret.

• imageamybeth323:

Exactly. HCG showed up in me verryyy late. I guess the baby didn't firmly implant until later. I may have ovulated later, too. My OB will figure it all out next monday.

• imageBrittany FreyBox:
    Seriously its amazing how people can become experts on things so quickly.

I know, it's like people pop out a baby and suddenly they are doctors and know more than a hormone based test proved reliable by most of the population.  

• imageBrittany FreyBox:

Dude, I don't even have the energy to laugh as hard as necessary by you citing anything wikipedia related as a valid source.  

• imagepiecesofflare:

imageBrittany FreyBox:
    Seriously its amazing how people can become experts on things so quickly.

I think it's amazing how people can go through this process and know nothing about how it works.

Dude, get out of my head!
  • I didn't get my BFP until 13dpo, and even then, it was SUPER faint...don't lose hope!!
  • I haven't had any symptoms. I'm just 11 days late on day 41 of my cycle and I am NEVER late. It just so happens that last month was the FIRST month we started trying and I haven't been on BC in a year. Sorry, just looking for advice and trying to not get my hopes up. I didn't realize everyone was so caring, opinionated and MDs!
  • When did you ovulate? 
  • I am TOTALLY LOVING this THREAD so MUCH.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagepiecesofflare:

I don't think you have enough tickers.  Are you sure about when you're due?

PIMP

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Are you under stress? I know I have missed my period due to stress a few times.
  • imageamybeth323:
    I haven't had any symptoms. I'm just 11 days late on day 41 of my cycle and I am NEVER late. It just so happens that last month was the FIRST month we started trying and I haven't been on BC in a year. Sorry, just looking for advice and trying to not get my hopes up. I didn't realize everyone was so caring, opinionated and MDs!

Not all of the boards are this snarky. This is actually the first time that I have gotten caught up in something like this. The girls on the EFF board are great if you want to talk to someone who doesn't want to start drama.

I hope you get your positive!  

• I repeat, when did you ovulate? 
  • imageBallSox:
    I repeat, when did you ovulate? 

I think she left because we'll all big meanies. 

Two Babies in Heaven

• imageBallSox:
    ::whispers:: She doesn't know. But she's totally 11 days late!
  • imageamybeth323:
    I haven't had any symptoms. I'm just 11 days late on day 41 of my cycle and I am NEVER late. It just so happens that last month was the FIRST month we started trying and I haven't been on BC in a year. Sorry, just looking for advice and trying to not get my hopes up. I didn't realize everyone was so caring, opinionated and MDs!

If you want medical advice, call your doctor.

Many things can make your cycle late.  Stress, environment, hormonal changes, drinking and caffeine to name a few.  

If you didn't chart, you are not necessarily late because you have no idea when or if you did O.  Many women have anovulatory cycles at least once a year.

*~*Mommy to*~*
    BFP#1 Kaitlyn 11-17-04
    BFP #2 Matthew pPROM 23w5d 06-03-07, b/33 weeks 8-6-07, d/10-15-07 SIDS,
    BFP #3 m/c 8 weeks 2/20/09, BFP #4 m/c no hb 6w4d, m/c 9w4d, D&C 11w2d, BFP #5 C/P 12/18/09 after BFP- 9dpo
    BFP #6 Samantha- 11-9-10
    BFP #7 4/20/12 21 DPO beta: 2382 29 DPO beta: 23000! HB 6w2d 116 bpm due Christmas day!
    This Momma's Journey
    ~Today I am pregnant and I love my baby~ BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageMissNikki007:
    imageBallSox:
    ::whispers:: She doesn't know. But she's totally 11 days late!

Shhh! I'm trying to be nice.  Or I'm at least trying to trying to be nice.  

• I ovulated Feb. 18 and had sex every day that week. Why are y'all rude? Just looking for help.
  • Oh, so you're charting then?  I've been charting for about 3 years.  Maybe I can take a look at it and see another potential o date.

Or maybe you're just counting days on a calendar? 

• Just so you know, not telling you what you want to hear doesn't make everyone a bunch of mean ol' meanie heads.
    *~*Mommy to*~*
    BFP#1 Kaitlyn 11-17-04
    BFP #2 Matthew pPROM 23w5d 06-03-07, b/33 weeks 8-6-07, d/10-15-07 SIDS,
    BFP #3 m/c 8 weeks 2/20/09, BFP #4 m/c no hb 6w4d, m/c 9w4d, D&C 11w2d, BFP #5 C/P 12/18/09 after BFP- 9dpo
    BFP #6 Samantha- 11-9-10
    BFP #7 4/20/12 21 DPO beta: 2382 29 DPO beta: 23000! HB 6w2d 116 bpm due Christmas day!
    This Momma's Journey
    ~Today I am pregnant and I love my baby~ BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"