Trying to Get Pregnant

When should I retest?

I am a newbie to all of this. By newbie I mean to thebump and TTC. This is our 1st month TTC. AF has been MIA for two days now. I am somewhat crampy, boobs are sore and my emotions are all over the place. I POAS Monday when AF was supposed to be here with FMP but I got a BFN. I used an early PG test but it was the equate brand. Any suggestions on when I should try to retest or what brand is best to use? Please help before I drive myself crazy stressing about the possibilities.

Re: When should I retest?

• Do you have any idea when you ovulated?
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I beleive I ovulated on or around 2/28 - 3/1. Does this help?
  • Loading the player...
  • Retest in a week.  Good Luck.
  • Hello and welcome.  Don't stress.  You likely ovulated late, it happens all the time.  I would probably test once a week until AF arrives or you get a BFP.

image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • 1st response early detection is the most sensitive test. Also make sure when you test its your first pee in the morning (highest concentration)
  • Are you charting? If you don't know when or if you ovulated, then you don't know if you are late. Most women's cycles are NOT 28 days, with ovulation on CD14.

I would test every week or so until AF comes or you get to CD60 with no AF. Then call your doc.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • image**Papps**:

imageMrsMeche:
    I beleive I ovulated on or around 2/28 - 3/1. Does this help?

If you used opk's or charted that would help confirm.... if you're going off of the bump calc then you really don't know (they don't work)

Try testing in a week if no AF. GL :)

Unless you are actually charting (as in taking your temps, etc) then you really have no when/if you ovulated. I would sign up for Fertility Friend by clicking on any of our chart links, read the tutorials, and start charting.

It's likely that you just ovulated later than you think. Other than that, the general rule of thumb is to test once a week until AF shows or until you hit 60 days and then call a doctor.

Hope that helps! Good luck.

• imageermaderma:

Are you charting? If you don't know when or if you ovulated, then you don't know if you are late. Most women's cycles are 28 days, with ovulation on CD14.

I would test every week or so until AF comes or you get to CD60 with no AF. Then call your doc.

In a text book they are, in real life that is most often not the case.

• imageermaderma:

Are you charting? If you don't know when or if you ovulated, then you don't know if you are late. Most women's cycles are 28 days, with ovulation on CD14.

you meant to say that most are NOT 28 days, etc.... ?  Right?

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • Alot of us use fertility friend to chart our temperature and such.  You can click on any of our links and get there to sign up for free.  GL!
  • imagestaycee:
    imageermaderma:

Oops! Yes, I did.

I'll edit that now!

• Thanks for all of ya'lls help and good avise for charting my O if this time didn't work.
  • imageermaderma:
    imagestaycee:
    imageermaderma:

Oops! Yes, I did.

I'll edit that now!

I was kind of wondering about that when I read it... I figured that you should know better! Smile

• imagemelissar617:
    imageermaderma:
    imagestaycee:
    imageermaderma:

Oops! Yes, I did.

I'll edit that now!

I was kind of wondering about that when I read it... I figured that you should know better! Smile

I know and I do! I'm posting at work and I got distracted and had to hurry up and finish and minimize the window haha

• imageermaderma:
    imagemelissar617:
    imageermaderma:
    imagestaycee:
    imageermaderma:

Oops! Yes, I did.

I'll edit that now!

I know and I do! I'm posting at work and I got distracted and had to hurry up and finish and minimize the window haha

Haha, I know how that goes! Don't want to get caught Bumping at work.

• kat81kat81 member
    The plus of charting is that you'll also know when to BD in the future. :-)

• Good Luck Girl, Im in the same boat, waiting on AF and getting negative preg tests. Let us know if AF comes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"