1st Trimester
Options

Renting a doppler

I would like your opinion on this. I am a huge worrier. Even though we heard the hb yesterday I still worry, esp. with my m/s relenting early. I thought I'd rent a doppler. Here is my question -- if I can't pick up the hb I am sure I'd fuh-reak out. I don't need that stress nor does my Dr. want to see me once a week this early onStick out tongue They picked up the hb in less than 10 seconds yesterday so I may be able pick it up easily too, but then again I am not a medical professional. So, do you think  doppler is a good idea? Will it help or cause more stress? Also, if you got yours, which one did you get and do you like it?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
DD #1 born 9/07 ** DD #2 born 7/11 ** Operation Take Back My Body has begun 10/11
Upcoming Races
Gobble Wobble 5K 11/24/11 - Abington, PA 29:40
Superbowl 10K 02/05/12 - Allentown, PA 54:28 PR!!!!
Broad Street 10 Mile Run 05/06/12 - Philadelphia, PA 1:30:44
Rock and Roll Half Marathon 09/16/12 - Philadelphia, PA
Philadelphia (Half?!?) Marathon 11/18/12 - Philadelphia, PA

Re: Renting a doppler

• Options
    I would buy one.  I got the sonoline b w/3mhz wand from amazon for a little over $60.  Free shipping and no sales tax added.  Also included a small tube of gel.  Worth every penny.  Oh and it also arrived in 2 1/2 days w/regular shipping.    I was able to find the hb at 10weeks.

DD's Food Allergies: Peanuts and Rice, Outgrown Dairy!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

8/09 Dx PCOS & Hashimoto's
    BFP #2 12/13/11. Missed M/C at 11w5d, measured 8w6d. D&C 2/1/12
    Never in my arms, but always in my heart.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I would love to have one... just to check and make sure everything is okay. However, I freak out if it takes the doc more than 5 seconds to find a hb, so I'm sure I'd be a mess trying to find it myself. For the first 2 months DD was home I was obsessed with taking her temp... so I'm sure I'd have the doppler going 20 times a day. I guess if you only check once every couple days, and don't freak out it wouldn't be a bad idea... personally, it would cause me more stress than good.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was thinking of getting one too.
    Suzanne & Pasquale 9/9/07
    Our Journey in Blog.
    My Blog
    Our Sweet boy Luca Salvatore 10/6/10 & Our precious daughter, Arianna Regina 4/9/13
  • Options
    I think I am going to go for it. Because I know when you first start feeling movement, in those beginning weeks, it can be sporadic and only once a day/every couple days. Which is also scary!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DD #1 born 9/07 ** DD #2 born 7/11 ** Operation Take Back My Body has begun 10/11
    Upcoming Races
    Gobble Wobble 5K 11/24/11 - Abington, PA 29:40
    Superbowl 10K 02/05/12 - Allentown, PA 54:28 PR!!!!
    Broad Street 10 Mile Run 05/06/12 - Philadelphia, PA 1:30:44
    Rock and Roll Half Marathon 09/16/12 - Philadelphia, PA
    Philadelphia (Half?!?) Marathon 11/18/12 - Philadelphia, PA
  • Options

Last pg I rented one from bellybeats.com Its the same doppler my doctor uses. I started finding it around 11wks with DS BUT it would take me 5-10 minutes to usually find it. Really, if you are that big of a worrier I probably wouldn't do it. It's hard to find sometimes and you really don't need to have added stress over something like this.

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I just ordered the sonoline too and I can't wait to get it! My DH couldn't be at the dr. appts so far, so it will be extra special for us :) Maybe if you are a huge worrier you could wait unil after 12 weeks when you are more unlikely to misscarry, and more likely to find the beat?
  • Options
    If you are a worrier I would NOT get one. I got one with my first pregnancy and it only worked half of the time. I would worry for nothing. Most of the time you can only hear your heartbeat. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"