3rd Trimester

Elders: Appetite changes in the last few weeks?

The last 3-4 weeks or so I've not had an appetite or desire for anything. It's very hard for me to determine what to eat and when I do, I'm usually disappointed by it. Also, I've been eating horribly as a result of waiting too late to eat and/or my own indecisiveness. Anyone else experience this?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Elders: Appetite changes in the last few weeks?

• Yes I am!  Somedays I dont even want to eat but I know I need to for the baby.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yup.  I've barely been hungry at all most of the time, then I get STARVING without a warning and just eat whatever's close by.  I also can't eat a lot at any one sitting anymore, despite the fact that LO has dropped and isn't compressing my upper innards so much anymore.

Piper, 4/10/10
    Connor, 3/16/15
    Morgan, EDD 9/22/16

• Loading the player...
  • I think after my 37 week appointment I told myself...like you could really gain any more weight in the next three weeks, plus you're going to have to go on a diet after anyways! lol So I've been indulging!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I'm eating more!
  • I am always hungry - but I can't eat very much at once. So, as long as I eat something every couple of hours, then I am good. I have not been eating the best either, but I figure that once this is all over - I am never going to eat all this crap again. So in my final week(s), I will eat what I want, with a fe healthy things in there.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have no desire to eat real, full meals lately. I know it's bad, but my husband will cook a great steak dinner with all the fixings, and all I want is grilled cheese or a PB&J. Weird.
  • I'm not an elder yet but I feel the same way. I get so hungy, take 2 bites of something, and I'm full. Plus, nothing ever sounds good, so even when I do eat I am always disappointed. I hate this!
  • I'm either nauseous or starving yet don't know what I feel like eating a lot of the time...

lately it's a lot of swiss cheese...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I thought it was just me!!!  I don't eat much anymore.  It's the strangest thing.  I'm not worried for the baby though, what I do eat is relatively healthy and I'm sure DS is getting enough nutrients. 

Either way, this little bugger's about to get an eviction notice.  We're chomping at the bit to meet him.

• Yeah, no food really sounds good right now and I get full quickly.

• I had a really spotting appetite from 32-37 weeks.  Now I am famished!
  • I have eaten horribly and eaten a lot. My appetite is huge lately!
  • imageNFL_Wife:
    I'm not an elder yet but I feel the same way. I get so hungy, take 2 bites of something, and I'm full. Plus, nothing ever sounds good, so even when I do eat I am always disappointed. I hate this!

All of this. Exactly.

This must be the first time in my life that nothing sounds good to eat!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I get hungry so fast, then fill up so easily that it's hard to judge where to stop -- and then I end up feeling iffy afterwards. But it doesn't take long to get hungry again. :P

I'm back to the point where I'm getting up in the middle of the night to eat. That happened in first tri and part of second with both pregnancies. So I've been eating a lot of cereal. All the fiber is doing me good. :)

I think I've gained all I'm going to gain at this point. I actually lost a pound at my last appointment. This happened at the end with DD1, too. 

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • yep for about 2wks I haven't been hungry hardly at all
  • imageAlisonLynn:
    I have eaten horribly and eaten a lot. My appetite is huge lately!

This!Embarrassed

• I knew that there was going to be a lack of appetite as baby pushed more on my stomach... But I wasn't expecting THIS much of a lack of appetite. I could literally go all day without eating, which is completely weird for me - pregnant or not. NOTHING sounds appealing and I feel nauseous most of the time. Hoping this little guy drops soon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"