Babies on the Brain

Cystic Fibrosis Carrier :(

I found out this past week that I am a carrier for Cystic Fibrosis. DH has already gotten blood drawn to check his status and we will hopefully have the results at my doctor appt on Thursday.

There is a 1/25 chance that he is also a carrier. If he is, there is a 1/4 chance VonBaby has CF.

Regardless of his carrier status, we have an appt with a genetic counselor 3/30.

I am trying so hard not to freak out about this, at least until we have a little more info. Does anyone have an experience they're willing to share?

I would appreciate any thoughts and vibes you can send our way.

Blog | Twitter | Facebook

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers imageimage image

Photo courtesy of mrs_b

Re: Cystic Fibrosis Carrier :(

• I don't have any advice, but good luck.  I hope your DH isn't a carrier.
    JHL 12/5/09 - 12/9/09
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagegreenclown:
    I don't have any advice, but good luck.  I hope your DH isn't a carrier.

Also, please try not to stress too much until you know more. I know that's difficult. Best of luck.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMama_SAS:

imagegreenclown:
    I don't have any advice, but good luck.  I hope your DH isn't a carrier.

Also, please try not to stress too much until you know more. I know that's difficult. Best of luck.

Thanks, girls. I go through phases of "I'm sure everything will be fine" and then shorter phases of freaking out. Thankfully my DH is very calm which helps me to stay calm.

Photo courtesy of mrs_b

• There is a poster on Snarky &TTTC that's pregnant or has recently given birth and has CF. I can't remember her SN but I'm sure one of the other Snarky girls would know who I'm talking about.

GL and try not to stress too badly until you know more about your DH's results. :(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm a carrier (and have mild CF myself) and was a little freaked while waiting for the husband's test results but really there isn't anything you can do but wait.  No matter what it turns out to be isn't going to change anything.

Granted we did test before ttc.

I think it would be in your best interest not to google though.  Nothing good every comes from google.  Especially when you don't know if you have anything to worry about yet. 

Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
    imageimageimageimage
    "It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
    "Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."
  • No experience with CF but I wanted to say good luck :)

Thoughts and prayers that everything will be ok.  Are you planning on getting the NT test? 

TTC #1 since August 2007, 3 failed IUI's, first IVF Jan 2010-bfp 1st beta on 01/29/2010 - 871 2nd beta on 2/1/10 -2,651 Twins! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrs_Liberto:

There is a poster on Snarky &TTTC that's pregnant or has recently given birth and has CF. I can't remember her SN but I'm sure one of the other Snarky girls would know who I'm talking about.

GL and try not to stress too badly until you know more about your DH's results. :(

Thanks, I will try to find her.

Photo courtesy of mrs_b

• imageDaisy's mom:

No experience with CF but I wanted to say good luck :)

Thoughts and prayers that everything will be ok.  Are you planning on getting the NT test? 

Thanks for the well wishes.

We're getting the NT scan on Thursday, but that doesn't test for CF. If my DH is a carrier, the next step (if we choose) is an amnio or CVS. We are holding off on deciding whether or not to do that until we get his bloodwork results.

Photo courtesy of mrs_b

• We just found out the we are both carriers.  I'm waiting to hear back from my doc regarding seeing a genetic counselor.  I guess our next step is an amniocentesis. I'm 24weeks along, I'm hoping they can still do the amnio test at this point.  None of the info online I've found says either way.  At this point its just a waiting game.....Hope you have better luck than we did.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"