Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Why can't I have more patience for my MIL???

I'm trying. I'm trying not to look for things that irritate me. But.... I can't help it. Today we had lunch. She was 15 min late which for her it's good. She opened the trash can in the park (I offered her some sanitizer which she ignored) then she opened my trash bin in the garage and took those hands and touched DD face, arms and hands. DD has her hands in her mouth all the time. I'm leaving some other crap out from today. Oh, I can't leave this one out! There was a comment about my weight. I have lost all the weight and then some. But I guess I must be looking chunky to her. I know I know I need to not let her get to me. Maybe it's hormones. Do you get irritate with your MILs over s@&&t like this?

Re: Why can't I have more patience for my MIL???

• My MIL bugs the hell out of me.  I see her about once a week and she always says the same things, "Have her eyes changed color yet?"  -No!  Quit asking!

"Oh look, she's grasping things" -yes I know, she has been doing that for over a month now.

She changed her diaper once and used Purell on her vag...because she mistook it for baby oil?   -ok why would you use baby oil while changing her?  She didn't know what Purell is?   Grrr.

I also hate it haw she touches her head, it makes her hair look greasy.  Stop touching her hair already!

• YES! But it didn't start until I got pregnant! She does these little digs at me ever since I've been pregnant!

Now that DD is here she does them still! Example:
    Baby is playing under her gym on her back. MIL talks her HER and says, "Oh if your mom would put you on her tummy you would be crawling all over the place by now"

I look at her and said, "She's 4 months! Babies don't crawl that soon!" (she was 4 months at the time).

She said, "OH well YOU just don't WANT her to crawl YET!"

UM EXCUSE ME! I get SO heated up about her sometimes! UGH!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageIvana.Stolichnaya:

My MIL bugs the hell out of me.  I see her about once a week and she always says the same things, "Have her eyes changed color yet?"  -No!  Quit asking!

"Oh look, she's grasping things" -yes I know, she has been doing that for over a month now.

She changed her diaper once and used Purell on her vag...because she mistook it for baby oil?   -ok why would you use baby oil while changing her?  She didn't know what Purell is?   Grrr.

I also hate it haw she touches her head, it makes her hair look greasy.  Stop touching her hair already!

I'm sorry but purell on her vagina??? Is she crazy??? And yes, I would like to know why she wanted to put baby oil on her. Wow!
  • Both MIL and FIL bug the hell out of me...Just thinking about it makes me get heated, so I'll stop with "they bug the hell out of me!"
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ked77ked77 member
    imageIvana.Stolichnaya:

My MIL bugs the hell out of me.  I see her about once a week and she always says the same things, "Have her eyes changed color yet?"  -No!  Quit asking!

My MIL always does the same thing! Plus she also comments about the blue eyes (I have hazel & DH has brown), "where did those blue eyes come from, who'd you get those blue eyes from?"  She has blue eyes so I think she is waiting for someone to say DD has "grandma's" eyes. 

The thing that REALLY bugs me is that she will wipe DD's mouth with whatever is handy.  If she spits up she will grab the dirty dish cloth, napkin, t-shirt, whatever is closest and wipes her mouth! I lost it on her the time she was changing DD's diaper, DD spit up, and she grabbed the USED BABY WIPE to wipe her mouth!!!!(luckily just pee, but still!!)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageSportyMrs.23:
    Both MIL and FIL bug the hell out of me...Just thinking about it makes me get heated, so I'll stop with "they bug the hell out of me!"

THIS!

• I find the most trival things irritating from my MIL and FIL.  Some of it though, it is valid.  She was up for the weekend, and it actually pissed me off that she left her toothbrush on the bathroom sink, or didn't make her bed, or left the coaster on the table even though she wasn't using it anymore.  SO trivial.  I know.  But these are the things that DH has learned about me and just instantly does, and MIL who isn't here so much, doesn't get that I'm obsessively anal retentive about things.

I feel bad because she is trying, and she misses her granddaughter, and she - for the MOST part - is a genuinely good person. 

But the one thing that upsets me the most is the amount of money they spend on us.  Yes, I know, I shouldn't be bothered by this.  But the amount of money they spend makes me feel like they are doing it to ensure that we don't take LO away from them (which, unlike them, I grew up in a very close nit family and could never tell them they couldn't see their granddaugther).  I really feel like they are using their money as a way to keep us around, and all I want is a MIL and FIL that I can have a conversation with without wanting to smack!

• Thank God my mil does not live down here, just hearing the faint sound of her voice while she's on the phone with my dh (I decline to speak with her over the phone still) makes my blood absolutely boil!
  • imageMandy613:
    Thank God my mil does not live down here, just hearing the faint sound of her voice while she's on the phone with my dh (I decline to speak with her over the phone still) makes my blood absolutely boil!
    you're lucky. Mine lives 5 min away. And she's no help with DD.
  • imagejhenry1204:

I find the most trival things irritating from my MIL and FIL.  Some of it though, it is valid.  She was up for the weekend, and it actually pissed me off that she left her toothbrush on the bathroom sink, or didn't make her bed, or left the coaster on the table even though she wasn't using it anymore.  SO trivial.  I know.  But these are the things that DH has learned about me and just instantly does, and MIL who isn't here so much, doesn't get that I'm obsessively anal retentive about things.

I feel bad because she is trying, and she misses her granddaughter, and she - for the MOST part - is a genuinely good person. 

But the one thing that upsets me the most is the amount of money they spend on us.  Yes, I know, I shouldn't be bothered by this.  But the amount of money they spend makes me feel like they are doing it to ensure that we don't take LO away from them (which, unlike them, I grew up in a very close nit family and could never tell them they couldn't see their granddaugther).  I really feel like they are using their money as a way to keep us around, and all I want is a MIL and FIL that I can have a conversation with without wanting to smack!

This. Almost everything in DS's nursery was bought by MIL. I know I shouldn't complain, but it makes me feel like she doesn't think we can provide for him and consequently I feel like a bad mom.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My MIL drive me crazy too. For example, we have asked that our son not watch TV/Videos until age 2.  We have told her this plenty of times, so she just decides to whisper to DS about how he can watch movies at her house.  HELLO you whispering to my son in front of me just got you put on the no unsupervised visitation list.  BAHHHHH I really can't stand her
  • imageleeannap:

THIS!

OMG  Leeannap your siggy pic is the cutest I have EVER seen!!  

• My MIL irks the hell out of me. I was ok with her up until DS was born. Now, everything she says bothers. The worse is when she talks to him in her baby-talk voice. Yuck!

I agree with pp about buying stuff. ILs do not make that much and DH and I are fortunate to make a very good living. When we tell them to stop buying him so much stuff, they say "I can't help it". Well, we're trying to be minimalists with the baby toys but now he has so many from her that we are telling her to keep toys at her house for him. We've returned about 50% of the stuff she got him just because we have too much of something. Really bothers me that she buys him this crap. Sorry to sound ungrateful but it irks me that she feels the need to "buy his love"

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"