2nd Trimester

Maternity Clothes

I'm in my first trimester, but I've already been looking into maternity clothing.  I can't believe how expensive it is!  A lot of the clothes don't look like they're even that different from what you can buy in other stores.  Any suggestions for great places to shop that are cheaper or have great sales?  I live in Ontario, Canada!

Re: Maternity Clothes

• Target, but their stuff runs big.

Also, Destination Maternity.  They carry Pea in the Pod over here and I love their stuff.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loooove Old Navy Maternity! I just bought the cutest maxi dress for the warm weather this weekend, and all their stuff is so adjustable. The stuff also runs big. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I like Old Navy's maternity. You can get pretty good deals online, and there's posts with each clothing item that tells you how other reviewers though the sizes ran (if they were perfect, run big, etc.). I like Pea in the Pod and brands like that, but I'm constantly growing and they're a little more pricey.

• imageRebeccaS84:
    I'm in my first trimester, but I've already been looking into maternity clothing.  I can't believe how expensive it is!  A lot of the clothes don't look like they're even that different from what you can buy in other stores.  Any suggestions for great places to shop that are cheaper or have great sales?  I live in Ontario, Canada!
    Good maternity clothes in Ontario?  Good luck. 

I have a couple pieces from WalMart.  Motherhood Maternity is in Ottawa and some other cities...go to their website for locations.  Ricki's has some, but I hear they're discontinuing, so everything is on sale.
  • Target maternity and Gap and Old Navy maternity are good bargain places to shop. I've picked up a few expensive pieces to throw in the mix too.
  • kg_08kg_08 member
    I got a few things from Burlington Coat Factory, and Old Navy for really cheap on sale. I also have a couple "normal" shirts that will fit me for quite some time because they are the type that are tighter under the bust, but then flow out from the body. I actually got those shirts at Family Dollar for $5 and they're really cute!
  • I have decent luck buying non maternity stuff and making it work.  Especially if you'll be pregnant through the summer...stretchy sundresses or blousy tanks can work wonders.

• Hi Rebecca,

I found some great baby resalers in my area that also sell maternity clothes.  You might want to ask around amongst your friends/neighbors to see if you have anything similar to Children's Orchard or Kids Double Time in your area.  Those are local retailers in California that I go to.  

• Ive been having good luck at Old Navy....... I like the stuff by Liz Lange (?) at Target but their maternity department is soooo small. I tried Kohls today and same problem. There's consisted of about 5 racks of clothes in the middle of their baby section?!?!? 
  • Second hand stores are great.  Old Navy is another option if you have those around you.  They have great selection.  Target's selection is slim.
  • These people are all talking about stores we don't have in Canada. It seems that maternity clothes are definitely a challenge in Ontario/Canada.  I went to Thyme Maternity and bought a few pieces.  At least most of the stuff I bought (minus the maternity dress pants) I will be able to wear later.  However, prices are pretty steep, considering the quality isn't exactly high end! Motherhood Maternity also has some locations in Ontario - I'm sure you can find the details on their website.  Aside from that, some of the department stores have maternity wear (i.e. very small collection at The Bay), or specialty stores (which would be even more pricey), like Belly Maternity in Toronto.  Good luck!

• Burlington Coat Factory! I swear by them I got half of my 2nd trimester wardrobe from there!
  • I actually started browsing when I was 9 wks along; I didn't need a lot of them right away--but when I was out and about, I'd poke around the sale/clearance racks at Old Navy, Target, or Younkers and pick up sale stuff--and it's really helped me not spend too much $$. Like I'd find $2.50 tank tops or $3 summer skirt which I can wear but I didn't need right away when I bought them back in January. GL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicMy food blog: Blissfully Delicious BabyFruit Ticker
  • I got the great majority of my maternity clothes on ebay.  I found great deals and was very happy with what I got.  I also bought some at Destination Maternity.  I highly recommend the secret belly fit pants and jeans.  I didn't think I'd like something so high up my belly, but they're really, really comfortable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"