Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Under 2 weeks & sick or normal?

DD has been having some stuffy nose issues pretty soon after we got home and the pediatrician told us to use the bulb to suction clear her nasal passages. Well I have noticed over the last few days her left eye has had flakes on her lashes, but I just wiped them away and thought nothing of it. Well just a few moments ago that left eye was all gunky for the 1st time. I was able to wipe it away without her fussing much so I am guessing it doesn't hurt her, but she has been having running diapers (we thought from the breast milk/formula combo).

She has an appointment with the pediatrician again on Thursday, but does this sound like LO is sick? I am having requests to come over during the week but if she is ill I am thinking no go. Thoughts? Thanks in Advance.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Under 2 weeks & sick or normal?

• Options

Runny diapers are totally normal - that's all DS has had his whole 12 week life. Wink

As for the eye, it's likely a clogged duct. I just wipe DS's eye every morning & night with a warm washcloth & massage the corner of his eye as well. We're still dealing with the clogged duct though. It doesn't hurt them, more of a nuisance IMO.

• Options
    Sounds very normal.  Congestion normal to have after birth.  The gunky eye sounds like a clogged tear duct.  Very normal for newborns.  Just wipe it down every so often with a wet cotton ball and bring it up at your pedi's appointment.  It should go away on its own.  (My DS had it from birth - cleared up at 3 weeks.)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My thoughts:

Stuffy nose - totally common

Eye gunk, watery eye - clogged duct which is also totally common

runny diaper - as long as it's not too many - probably is due to the formula/BM mix

all three together? probably coincidence but I'd run it past pediatrician via phone just to be sure.

• Options
    Thanks ladies!!!!!
  • Options
    Sounds just like Talan! Must be a Delaware baby thing. Wink
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"