Babies: 0 - 3 Months

c-section mamas, how long did you bleed?

i'm still bleeding red since march 6th and my doc said i might have been having my period since a few days ago because it became really heavy. i soak 7 maternity napkins in 2 days. i'm really confused and worried.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: c-section mamas, how long did you bleed?

• 5 weeks.  I was bleeding red for a good 3 weeks.
  • I'm still bleeding, but not enough to use a pad, just a liner. I bleed for 2-2.5 weeks since then it's only noticeable when I wipe, sorry if that's TMI.

I've heard any bleeding in the first 6 weeks is considered pregnancy related, any thing after that is your period.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagevmgetl:
    5 weeks.  I was bleeding red for a good 3 weeks.

this

• I just stopped and it was 6 weeks yesterday.
    Effing crazy people.
  • I didn't have a c-section but I bled red for 3 1/2 weeks.  Random thought: one would think with all the technology we have these days...they could just vacuum it all out for us so we don't have to deal with it! hahaha
  • Still bleeding, but it is mostly spotting now.
  • imagetrickeytricky:
    I'm still bleeding, but not enough to use a pad, just a liner. I bleed for 2-2.5 weeks since then it's only noticeable when I wipe, sorry if that's TMI.

I've heard any bleeding in the first 6 weeks is considered pregnancy related, any thing after that is your period.

This last part is untrue.  I had my 6 week pp OB visit at 7 weeks pp, and at that time my OB confirmed I'm still discharging lochia.   

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • 6 weeks. And it was pretty red for most of that time.
  • About 2.5-3 weeks
  • oh if only! haha
  • imagetrickeytricky:
    I'm still bleeding, but not enough to use a pad, just a liner. I bleed for 2-2.5 weeks since then it's only noticeable when I wipe, sorry if that's TMI.

This

• thanks y'all for your comments!
  • imagealyssa7:
    About 2.5-3 weeks

your son is A-DORABLE!

• This is really strange, but I am only 1 week post c section and have not had any bleeding for the past 36 hours or so...is something wrong with me? I had an emergency c section, and had to deliver early (at 30 weeks) and was also hemorrhaging pretty badly...is it possible that the shortened pregnancy and the fact that I lost so much blood prior to the c section made me stop bleeding so fast? I am also pumping like crazy if that makes a difference.

Sorry to sound clueless, but I was expecting to have another 9 weeks or so to read up on this, lol.

• imagesdtchica13:

This is really strange, but I am only 1 week post c section and have not had any bleeding for the past 36 hours or so...is something wrong with me? I had an emergency c section, and had to deliver early (at 30 weeks) and was also hemorrhaging pretty badly...is it possible that the shortened pregnancy and the fact that I lost so much blood prior to the c section made me stop bleeding so fast? I am also pumping like crazy if that makes a difference.

Sorry to sound clueless, but I was expecting to have another 9 weeks or so to read up on this, lol.

i think you should go see your doc. that's pretty unusual.
  • I didn't really start until I was home & then it was for about 4 1/2 weeks. Then it lightened up for about 3 days then I started my cycle.
  • For 3.5 weeks, although I was done with the heavy stuff by the time I left the hospital.
  • I bled good for 2 weeks then nothing for 2 weeks then again for 3 days randomly. Dr. said it might have been a period, but I haven't had another since then.
    ~Kati~ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 4-5 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageKatiKM:
    I bled good for 2 weeks then nothing for 2 weeks then again for 3 days randomly. Dr. said it might have been a period, but I haven't had another since then.
    I think BF has something to do with that
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"