3rd Trimester

Very little movement...when do you call doc?

How long do you wait to call the doctor when you're not feeling as much movement as you normally do...especially when the normal "tricks" (like drinking juice or eating something) don't work?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Very little movement...when do you call doc?

• My doctor told me to call if I dont feel the baby move for 2 hours
  • Have you tried poking and prodding your belly to see if LO wakes up and starts moving. I have to do that with Sophia to make sure she's "still in there".
    ~*March 26th, 2011 - The day I marry my best friend*~ Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers image 44 Invitations sent out!
    image 70 guests are joining the celebration!
    image 11 friends are sad they can't make it
    image 20 people are procrastinators!
    RSVP Date: 2/28/2011
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks!  I don't know why I haven't asked my doctor this before.  I guess with twins, I'm always feeling movement, so it's never been a concern before.

Thanks Shelby!

• My doctor hasn't said anything me about specific counts, but just that I should feel at least 3 periods of movement a day. But you know what, if you're worrried, call.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers www.foreverfactor.blogspot.com
  • Actually, he just got the hiccups...so I feel better about him.  She is still not moving too much.  And I just gave his sister a few pokes (good idea) and she finally gave me a little movement.

THANKS!

• imageChicagoKari:

Actually, he just got the hiccups...so I feel better about him.  She is still not moving too much.  And I just gave his sister a few pokes (good idea) and she finally gave me a little movement.

THANKS!

sometimes the position they are in you won't feel movements as much...also, with twins I bet they are getting a little crowded to do as much wiggling these days :)

• I have the 10/6/3 in 1hr rule.  3 or less movements = call right away, 4-6 = repeat counts, 10 = done counting.  But I am not allowed to do anything other than count during the hour.
  • Because it's so much harder to do counts with twins, unless you know exactly where each one is, my doc told me to trust my gut.

If your gut says something is amiss, call your doc.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was told when I stop feeling her to drink something sweet and then lay on my side for 1 hour.  If she doesn't move/kick 10 times to go to the hospital. 
  • If I don't feel movement in 2 hour spans, I was told to call. My OB looks for 10 kicks in about 4 hours. If movement stops for more than 2 he wants to check things out, see why.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My golden rule has always been to follow your gut.  When in doubt, check it out.  Worst case scenario: you call and you're told you're fine.  (And what a load off that would be!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"