Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Adjusting 1 week old to bassinet

Any suggestions on helping my LO get used to the bassinet?

The lactation consultant thinks that it is important to have him get used to laying on his back as soon as he can.  He is NOT liking it!  I think sometimes it is because he is gassy and it is uncomfortable for him.  

TIA!

Re: Adjusting 1 week old to bassinet

• I had to get a sleep positioner so DD feels snuggled. Try swaddling him and propping the top of his mattress up so he cant spit up as easy. GL!
  • He is swaddled, which does help a bit.

I read about propping the mattress, but am not sure what to prop with.  Is there something I should buy, or use something that I have in the house?

• Loading the player...
  • I had this problem too. I swaddled him and turned the vibration on in the bassinet. It's also propped up so he can't spit up. I made sure he had a full tummy and clean diaper.

Bam, baby is passed out.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

• My LO REFUSED his bassinet.  He would only sleep in his car seat for the first month, he now sleeps through the night in his crib.  Sorry I  can't be of more help but I know what you're going through at least!  Good luck, love!
  • My baby had a similar issue with gas.  For the first few weeks, he would be extremely uncomfortable when it was bedtime.  We started using "Little Tummies Gripe Water".  We would put a little in his bottle and that seemed to help. You can also give it to him straight.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"