2nd Trimester

Cloudy urine?

I've noticed over the last couple of days thay my urine is cloudy.  I googled it and some sites say dont worry about it, some sites say its a symptom of a UTI.  I had an appt Monday and they checked my urine.  Everything was fine.

Is this a normal pregnancy symptom?  Has anyone else noticed this?  I would call my doc but they close at 4 on Fridays. 

image imageimage

Always in my heart: BFP 9/6/12 - M/C 9/25/12

Re: Cloudy urine?

• yes actually I have noticed this and I was going to ask my dr when I see her next week.  It does not seem to be every time I go but sometimes.  I was thinking maybe I was not drinking enough water but....
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I've had it here and there -- but I've not had any pain or itchiness -- so I think it's nothing..... I hope!
  • Loading the player...
  • I was told it is a sign of dehydration. They said to drink more fluids and then check it. And I should be peeing about every 15 minutes and it should be clear. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    "There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."
  • I went in to my OB today due to cloudy urine and other UTI symptoms (urgency), as well as vaginal itchiness. They ruled out a UTI (which surprised the crap out of me) and I'm waiting on the labs for the rest. It sounds like all of the above can be related to normal pregnancy stuff. It is all driving me crazy because whenever I've had these issues in the past, there has always been something wrong identified and treated. It is hard to blow these things off as being just pregnancy related. In any case, best to call and see what they think (whether you should come in or not). Sometimes the cloudiness can be simply related to discharge, which is normal to some extent in pregnancy.
  • I will definitely give them a call on Monday!

image imageimage

Always in my heart: BFP 9/6/12 - M/C 9/25/12
  • I get this every so often and my doctor said if you don't have any other symptoms (burning etc) it just means you need to drink more water!
  • it is actually the reason I have taken pregnancy tests each time. I noticed my urine was cloudy (not, yellow, but cloudy - yellow=dehydration) and *wham* BFP!

so, for that reason, I would say it is normal, but ask the doc if you are at all concerned!

• imageMeliss227:
    I was told it is a sign of dehydration. They said to drink more fluids and then check it. And I should be peeing about every 15 minutes and it should be clear. 
  • Wow! Yes, I have noticed the same thing. I am going to make sure mine is not a UTI, usually I know for certain due to the pain associated with one, but there is not so much pain with this. My urethra hurts on occasion, but it always does, so I am not quite sure what it is. Sounds like the cloudyness is a part of hormones or something. I'm surprised there aren't more posts on this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"