3rd Trimester

Bringing Home Baby -- my jaw dropped

A couple who drives a fancy SUV, complete with rear seat video system and leather seats, didn't buy a car seat because they knew the hospital would just give them one if they didn't have one.  And then the dad has the audacity to complain about the car seat they were given.  Some people!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bringing Home Baby -- my jaw dropped

• Indifferent
  • all I can say is wow
  • Loading the player...
  • They probably can't afford the SUV in the first place.

DH's side of the family is like that. They buy these big ticket items to show off and prove something to everyone, but they can't afford them after the fact.  

• They get charged for it don't they? I know here the hospital will bill your insurance for lending you a car seat. Now, how stupid are these people to not get a car seat!!!
  • That's just awful... we constantly have people telling us to get WIC. We don't meet the income requirements and I just am amazed that people then tell us to just lie! I'm like, that program is to help people who need the help. We have planned this baby and have money for all he needs. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Wow, and to have the audacity to do this on national tv too! Some people are so ballsy, it's unbelievable. And stupid, definitely stupid.
  • I'm watching this too and thought the same exact thing! They had tvs installed in the backs of each seats. Which, while it doesn't show you are loaded, it is an added luxury that shows they could afford a friggin' car seat. He said "We purposely did not buy a car seat because we thought the one the hospital would give us would be good enough." Ummmmm, really?
  • Ok, what are you guys watching. I have to see this for myself
  • imagetnt85:
    That's just awful... we constantly have people telling us to get WIC. We don't meet the income requirements and I just am amazed that people then tell us to just lie! I'm like, that program is to help people who need the help. We have planned this baby and have money for all he needs. 

My friend keeps telling me that I should get on food stamps and WIC to "help out". I keep telling her that I feel that's dishonest, because I'm not in the position that I would need those types of things and would like to leave an open spot for a woman or family that truly is in need and not just wanting to abuse the system or get "free" money.

She doesn't get it. Then again, she also doesn't understand the government doesn't just pull the money out their a$$... it comes from our tax dollars. Yeah, she's not the brightest. 

• That was an old episode....I think he was a soccer player right (if I am thinking straight.) I don't understand people either.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMCC1010:
    Ok, what are you guys watching. I have to see this for myself

Bringing Home Baby on Discovery Health.

• imageSept1799:
    That was an old episode....I think he was a soccer player right (if I am thinking straight.) I don't understand people either.

Yes, he is a soccer coach or something. And he's a major a$$.

• imagetnt85:
    That's just awful... we constantly have people telling us to get WIC. We don't meet the income requirements and I just am amazed that people then tell us to just lie! I'm like, that program is to help people who need the help. We have planned this baby and have money for all he needs. 

Yup, MIL keeps telling us to get WIC. I keep telling her that we dont meet the income requirements and she thinks Im lying! She says "Well, my brother and SIL got WIC and they make more money than you guys." Sorry MIL, they either lied to you or WIC about their income. Im not about to lie to a government agency just so I can get some free food and formula! We planned this baby and we can afford to get her what she needs.

• imageemily0829:

imagetnt85:

My friend keeps telling me that I should get on food stamps and WIC to "help out". I keep telling her that I feel that's dishonest, because I'm not in the position that I would need those types of things and would like to leave an open spot for a woman or family that truly is in need and not just wanting to abuse the system or get "free" money.

She doesn't get it. Then again, she also doesn't understand the government doesn't just pull the money out their a$$... it comes from our tax dollars. Yeah, she's not the brightest. 

Sadly I think a LOT of people see things that way. Where I worked we did evalutions for the department of diability and I heard some of the stupidest reasons why they were unable to work. There was the - my left side of my body is longer than the right side of my body making it hard for me to work properly, I have allergies and other people's perfume makes me feel ill so I would rather stay home, my child is in school and I need to be home in case they get sick or need something from me and of course the my child has ADD/ADHD which means I need to stay home and make sure they do thier homework. These are seriously some of the things people said to me over the years.

• Those are the type of people that give people that are truly in need a bad name. 
  • Do they live in a trailer?  

They seem like the type of people that have a car that is worth more then their house, just for show.  (And this is nothing against those that live in a trailer!) 

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• imagemrs.jenni:

Do they live in a trailer?  

They seem like the type of people that have a car that is worth more then their house, just for show.  (And this is nothing against those that live in a trailer!) 

No they don't. They actually had a nice house... Just stupid.

And the Dad said he "doesn't do diapers."

If my boyfriend said that to me he'd wake up to one in his face.

Oh well, different strokes...

• imageIsland_Mama81:
    imagemrs.jenni:

Do they live in a trailer?  

No they don't. They actually had a nice house... Just stupid.

And the Dad said he "doesn't do diapers."

If my boyfriend said that to me he'd wake up to one in his face.

Oh well, different strokes...

Bwahahaha.....This made me LOL, but I have to agree with you. DH helped create the baby that is doing the pooping, he can help clean it up! I dont think I could deal with a primadona DH that "doesnt do diapers"!

• That's very selfish.

I have been told by a couple different people to go to WIC since I am a single mom, but it doesn't seem right to me considering I make enough to provide for the baby's needs and pay all my bills, rent ect. Sure I can't afford some of the nicer things but I feel better about myself because everything I have I have earned.

• I just learned something...that hospitals give you a car seat if you don't have one. I suppose they can't make you stay at the hospital either but wow...I am sure a lot of people are gonna try that now.
  • I teach high school students, and several of my female students who are mothers have encouraged me to get on WIC.  They don't get it, either, that the only reason they're able to pay $1 a week for daycare and get formula and diapers for free is that I pay taxes out the wazoo and pay $100 a week for daycare!  It doesn't make any sense to them that someone has to foot the bill for the things they get for free...and that someone is me!
  • The hospital I'm delivering at will not allow you to bring home baby until you have a carseat properly installed in your vehicle, and YES they check to make sure it is installed properly. They won't give you one either, you better have someone run out and buy one for you if you come unprepared.

I don't understand some people.

• I remember that episode, that dad is a douche.  "I don't do diapers" wouldn't fly in our house.

My hospital doesn't even have car seats to give people.  There's a BRU across the street and they'll point the father in that direction and then allow you to leave the hospital.

• That's 100% unacceptable.  I don't understand and that angers me.  There is someone who may not have had one who actually needed the assistance.  I agree w/ pps about the WIC, food stamps and the disability/ SSI benfits.  I had a student tell me last year that her mom would "rather sit at home and let the white man take care of her, but she does like nice cars so she gets a new one every couple of years".  I liked to have fallen in the floor and died!!!  I had to inform her that I am neither "white" or a "man" and I support her.  Ohhh and my ALL TIME FAVORITES are the people who get so many food stamps that they sell them!!!!  I can't stand people who take advantage of the system. 

• This is the mentality that our assistance program has created.  Someone should pay for my basic needs so that I can spend money on entertainment. 
  • I hear you! I work in Energy Assistance and I can not tell you how often I hear people complain because they are not getting enough. People with bills the amount of 2,000 or 3,000 and have never paid any of it, then complain when energy assistance pays only 900! I would love to have 900 put towards my energy bill. I also can not stand the mom's who have all of their children on SSI and live off of that. I always think what are they going to do when the child turns 18?!?

I see a lot of deserving people don't get me wrong, but those few that try to work the system no matter what kill me!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"