3rd Trimester

calling all registry stalkers...

I've been stalking my registry pretty regularly, mostly because I just like looking at things and imagining using them for my little boy.

I noticed only 18 things have been purchased off it (there's about 80 items on it total), and my shower is next Sunday. I'm not worried about it really... it just seems very unlike my guests. My bridal shower was last year, the same weekend, and much more had been purchased off that by this point.

Anyone else noticing that not much is being purchased right before the shower? I think I just need to stop looking at mine Stick out tongue

Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

Re: calling all registry stalkers...

• I found that our registries had more activity/purchases the day before and day of the shower than any time earlier.
  • Well I have about 175 things on my registery cause im nuts and 33 have been bought and you know we have the same shower date...im sure things will come off they still have 3 weekend days to shop
  • Loading the player...
  • I have been looking to see what number of items have been purchased. I have about 80 items on my registry as well and 14 have been purchased (3 by me!). Our shower is next weekend. I am not too worried though. I hear people by things the day of the shower A LOT!
  • Yeah I guess even though it's unlike my guests, they're all just waiting until the last minute! Maybe I'll just not do any stalking until Sunday night.... Wink

• imageSpring Mommy:

maybe it means a bunch of gift cards? A bunch of ppl came to mine with clothes/gift certs. and i got a TON of stuff that never came off the registry--- ie 4 diaper genies. Where did you register?

Yeah could be. My mom said I can be sure most people will bring an outfit... which is kind of low priority for me because my sister gave me all of my nephew's clothes and now I have plenty. I even took most the clothes off the registry that I had originally put on there just because I really don't need them.

I registered at BRU.

• Also remember that people who DON'T have babies are less likely to just be at BRU (if that's where your registry is) and pick something up, whereas if you were registered at Target or Macy's or whatever for you wedding, people might have just been there and grabbed a gift. I usually buy wedding shower gifts when I'm out and about, but baby shower gifts are a special trip to BRU.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Not much was purchased on my wedding registry b/c family asked my G'ma who told them to give us money (which we needed).  My shower is tomorrow and only seven items have been purchased- not worried about it tho- people are either getting something tonight or giving us something later (or got something somewhere else which is fine as well).  I'm just anxious to see what we got so we know what we need to go out and purchase. 
  • I have one shower in about 2 weeks and another in about a month. I've only had one thing purchased off my registry.  I dont think most people look at baby registries.  They just buy what they think you'll need.  Instead of what you actually want.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Me! Shower is next Sunday and only 3 things off BRU have been bought (1 by us) and like 3 or 4 small things on the target registry...i have another shower on the 7th tho...my wedding registry went FAST so I'm a lil surprised but since I got married 2 months ago maybe they are all sick of spending money on us! No worries, we've got all the basics ourselves and will buy whatever we need if needed
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Photobucket
  • From my wedding I recall that the last couple days were when the most items were purchased.  Most of the big items on my baby registry have already been purchased though so that I guess I have some super generous guests.  I totally wasn't expecting to get any of that stuff!

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • I know you said it was different for your wedding and only you know your guests, but I find that my guests for my wedding shower (and probably for my baby shower) wait until the week before the event before doing their shopping...which sucks....because all the organic cotton stuff ....not really sold in stores. Lots of online only stuff never makes it to the gift table. =(  But we try!
  • I have three showers scheduled... the first one is tomorrow.  So far only 8 things have been purchased from the registries (0 at target, 4 at BRU, 4 at Amazon).  I'm expecting a lot of clothes and blankets at this point.
  • I stalked my registries.  I noticed that some guests waited until the last minute to shop off the registries...but then a lot of them just brought clothes or whatever they thought we would like.  We didn't get as much from the registries as I expected.   
  • Um I have 9 things off of my registry and my shower is tomorrow.
  • I have only 15 items and my shower is tomorrow at 11AM, half of those are very small items...doesn't give much time in the morning to pick something up...I too am expecting loads of blankets and clothes...I am grateful but we invited a lot of people so I thought the items purchased would be a lot higher at this point. Atleast we have our nursery furniture and Father in law bought us our travel system...I have a feeling I am going to have loads of shopping to do.
  • I have 10 items purchased from my registry at this point- I think those are the 10 guests who are probably really on top of things, but as PP's have said, I think a lot of people wait til the last minute.  The 10 items that were purchased off my registry were purchased right after the invites when out- now there's been a big lull in the purchases (not that I'm watching that close or anything Wink )
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My shower is in a month, so I'm not stalking my registry yet. We have all the clothing we will ever need (hand me downs from a couple different people) so my Mom mentioned that on the invite (in a very classy, tactful way) so I hope people don't run out and buy clothes. I'm not kidding, I already have 3 bins full of clothing, for ages 0-9 months, and that is only from ONE of the people giving us hand me downs. She already has more outfits than I do :P

I'll be grateful for whatever we end up getting, but clothing is absolutely the last thing we need for this baby! 

• I have 9 things off of both my registries combined and it is driving me nuts. Granted the shower is 2 weeks away, but man! I am the kind of person who gets things done in a timely manner, so all of these people waiting until the last minute is making me paranoid. I am not going to lie though, one of my big reasons of being on team green was so that people would actually pay close attention the the registry instead of getting us stuff that they want to get us.

• imagejoelen&louis:
    I found that our registries had more activity/purchases the day before and day of the shower than any time earlier.

This exactly.  People are procrastinators :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"